General Electric Staff Software Engineer in Wuxi, China
Job Description Summary
As a staff software engineer, you will be responsible for designing and programming a large component and designing a feature, set of features, or whole feature area. She/he will work independently and contribute to the immediate team and to other teams across business. She/he will Lead design discussion in a limited manner.
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.
• Identify the scope of the work, provide initial estimate and justify the estimate with facts
• Demonstrate the understanding of Agile software development lifecycle and able to distinguish the core inputs and outputs in each cycle.
• Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas through white boarding
• Execute in a fast pace delivery mode and focus in delivering tasks to meet the product release goal
• Maintain code quality through best practices, unit testing and code quality automation
• Seek and provide feedback on design and development
• Demonstrate the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment
• Understand whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module
• Help in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules
• Articulate the need for scalability and understand the importance of improving quality through testing.
• Be an expert in writing code that meets standards and delivers the desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
• Drive design reviews, define interfaces between code modules, and applies existing technology to designs
• Be an expert in assessing application performance and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices
• Be an expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice
• Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure
• Provide guidance to a team of 5 to 7 developers with either planning and execution and/or design architecture using agile methodologies such as SCRUM
• Work with Product Line Leaders (PLLs) to understand product requirements & vision
•Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with advanced experience with minimum years of experience 6 years
• Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and C++ coding principles
• Hands-on experience in Windows or Linux based embedded application software design and development
• Experience with medical device development experience is a big plus
• Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
• Experience in building scalable and highly available distributed systems
• Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
• Evangelizes how our technology solves customer problems from a technology and business perspective
• Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
• Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas
• Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
• Shares knowledge, power, and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill
• Able to work under minimal supervision
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
• Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
• Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members. Shows ability to effectively delegate work
Inclusion and Diversity
GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We expect all employees to live and breathe our behaviors: to act with humility and build trust; lead with transparency; deliver with focus, and drive ownership – always with unyielding integrity.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No