General Electric Probe Transducer COE Process Engineer in Wuxi, China
This role will drive the vision for advanced processing, testing, and application practices while supporting introduction of processes for new product development and existing manufacturing lines. Drive efforts to improve product and process quality by performing studies, performing DOEs for process optimizations, and supporting a wide variety of analytical testing. Interfacing with global counter-parts to achieve program goals and integrate global activities when necessary.
• Work with the technical experts to leverage the capabilities of our Transducer COE and network of resources to trouble shoot issues on existing manufacturing processes, optimization for new processes/products and evaluate new advanced manufacturing technologies that support transducer fabrication.
• Work with manufacturing leadership to identify and resolve manufacturing and quality problems related to methods, processes, tooling, equipment and product design that utilized material technologies.
• Support Transducer COE initiatives with wide business impact and ensure to share best practices across Global Ultrasound Probes
• Drive Transducer COE initiatives across sites while providing business-wide impact and enabling sharing of best practices across Global Ultrasound Probes
• Engaging in all phases of new product development, including concept, architecture, documentation, design, prototype, test, supplier interfaces, manufacturing introduction and service support
• Support process development from initial engineering feasibility through manufacturing implementation including verification and validation activities, equipment qualification, and initial production.
• Work in an environment including method development, equipment maintenance, sample preparation, maintaining EHS compliance, and general housekeeping duties.
• Support the Transducer COE manufacturing process technology roadmap development. Leverage this to help set the direction of what our manufacturing and suppliers should be investing & including influence of GRC activities as necessary
• Versed in spirit of driving continuous simplification of QMS methods and their applications by working with cross-functional team including Operations and Quality Assurance. Work with the facilities and maintenance team to implement change and ensure the required product capacity is in place before it is required by customer demand
BS in Engineering or related technical degree or Associates Degree and 2-3 years’ experience in production, engineering
Experience with hands-on use of in process test equipment, processing equipment, building prototypes, etc.
Experience with DFM tools
Ability to work independently
Demonstrated strong communication skills (written and verbal) to all levels of the organization
Ability to identify and implement Best Practices
Product and Process Development experience
Demonstrated program or project management skills
Demonstrated experience owning production processes / growing capability in yield and quality
Initially (9-12 months) willing to travel to US up to 75% of the time
Longer term willing to travel domestic and internationally up to 25% of the time.
Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
Demonstrated technical leadership capability in integration activities
5+ years industrial experience in Material, Chemical or Bio Engineering
6-sigma DMAIC & DFSS certified
Experiences in Process Intensive manufacturing
Solid working knowledge of GEHC QMS procedures for GMP
Experienced developing tools and templates
Experience working with global teams
Experience in operating and developing methods for analytical techniques
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
Locations: China; JiangSu; Wuxi