General Electric Mechanical Engineer in Wuxi, China
Job Description Summary
Lead and participate in the mechanical engineering efforts for high volume patient sensors and accessories (S&A) for medical devices used in critical care and anesthesia. Our Helsinki based cross-functional engineering team is part of global Clinical Care Solutions (CCS) business. The role includes a strong engagement maintaining and improving patient sensors and accessories, working with vendors, documentation and collaborating with a cross functional team of small to mid-sized projects.
• Work on and lead mechanical and electro-mechanical designs with own engineering team and suppliers.
• Develop product concepts, design and verify outcome to meet all requirements for performance, reliability, cost and manufacturability
• Maintain product portfolio to meet required performance, quality and reliability goals for the S&A products.
• Provide expertise for mechanical design and verification activities within assigned projects, including participation as a subject matter expert in design reviews
• Interact closely with core team members, sourcing, quality and global vendors to meet project deliverables and goals
Qualifications / Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent knowledge / experience)
• Experience in one of the areas of injected molded plastic design, mechanisms, cables and harnesses or small devices
• Experience to use tools to develop product quality and reliability.
• Demonstrated experience working within a diverse global environment.
• Experience with new product development or design change development cycle
• Demonstrated skills in proactively identifying and driving closure on product/mechanical related issues
• Proven capability to produce technical documentation for a medical device
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills
• Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent knowledge/experience)
• Experience in high volume sensor and accessory projects
• Know-how of accessory/sensor technologies and electro-mechanical design requirements.
• Experience in working in regulated industry under quality management system, preferably medical industry
• 4+ years of experience with design tools (ProE), reliability and manufacturability
• Excellent communication, influencing skills and ability to gain buy-in for initiatives