General Electric Lead Engineer, Mechanical in Wuxi, China
Role Summary:Lead and participate in the mechanical engineering efforts for high volume patient sensors and accessories (S&A) for medical devices used in critical care and anesthesia. Our Helsinki based cross-functional engineering team is part of global Clinical Care Solutions (CCS) business. The role includes a strong engagement maintaining and improving patient sensors and accessories, working with vendors, documentation and collaborating with a cross functional team of small to mid-sized projects.
Essential Responsibilities:• Work on and lead mechanical and electro-mechanical designs with own engineering team and suppliers.
• Develop product concepts, design and verify outcome to meet all requirements for performance, reliability, cost and manufacturability
• Maintain product portfolio to meet required performance, quality and reliability goals for the S&A products.
• Provide expertise for mechanical design and verification activities within assigned projects, including participation as a subject matter expert in design reviews
• Interact closely with core team members, sourcing, quality and global vendors to meet project deliverables and goals
Qualifications/Requirements:• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent knowledge / experience)
• Experience in one of the areas of injected molded plastic design, mechanisms, cables and harnesses or small devices
• Experience to use tools to develop product quality and reliability.
• Demonstrated experience working within a diverse global environment.
• Experience with new product development or design change development cycle
• Demonstrated skills in proactively identifying and driving closure on product/mechanical related issues
• Proven capability to produce technical documentation for a medical device
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills
Desired Characteristics:• Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent knowledge/experience)
• Experience in high volume sensor and accessory projects
• Know-how of accessory/sensor technologies and electro-mechanical design requirements.
• Experience in working in regulated industry under quality management system, preferably medical industry
• 4+ years of experience with design tools (ProE), reliability and manufacturability
• Excellent communication, influencing skills and ability to gain buy-in for initiatives
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.comAdditional Locations:China;JiangSu;Wuxi;