General Electric AME Lead Test Engineer in Wuxi, China
Job Description Summary
In this role ,you have responsibilities extending to the design and development of test system software and hardware within the operations environments of the Global Supply chain. The position may develop distributed software applications for real-time automated test system solutions.
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.
Roles & R esponsibilities
Lead test system development on National Instruments based standard test platform for new product introductions, including concept, architecture, documentation, design, prototype, test, supplier interfaces, manufacturing introduction and service
Responsible to identify hardware in test system and design product interface fixture needed to fulfil product test requirements.
Ensure early focus on manufacturability in NPI and/or Advanced Technology programs. Drive rigor in process capability assessment, process layout, tooling and equipment development and QMS Design Transfer execution
Ensure regulatory compliance through Qualification & Validation. Responsible for ensuring rigor in determining processes requiring validation, development of plans and analysis criteria, execution and final analysis and acceptance
Responsible to work with systems teams to generate requirements and software/system design
Responsible for software development lifecycle, leveraging Agile and Lean software development methodologies to drive reliability upstream into the development life cycle
Interacting with global teams to promote consistency and maximize synergies across common software platforms
Designing and building strong testing infrastructure to minimize dependency on hardware
Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas
Drive design reviews, define interfaces between code modules, and apply existing technology to designs
Monitor and improve productivity through the use of Lean Six Sigma or related tools, while ensuring all customer commitments are timely and cost-conscious and met with quality
Responsible for test coverage, performance and on-time delivery
Influencing cross-functional teams to implement quality actions
Mentoring other team members
Quality Specific Goals:
Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required Knowledge and understanding of document control, design transfer, verification, validation, acceptance activity, DMR, DHR and electronic signature requirements to ensure that product, equipment, tools, processes, software, training and documentation meet requirements
Qualifications / Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) & 4 years’ experience in development of automated test systems.
• A minimum of 8 years of post-bachelor professional experience in related field OR Master’s degree with 6 years of post-doctorate professional experience related field.
• Minimum of 5 years National Instruments LabView and/or TestStand experience
• Demonstrated experience designing and developing automated test systems into manufacturing environment.
•Experience developing test system documentation deliverables such as BOM, schematics, detailed design documents, qualification protocols, user manuals, etc.
•Demonstrated program or project management skills
•Lean and six sigma certification
• Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
• Experience in building scalable and highly available distributed systems
• Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
• Evangelizes how our technology solves customer problems from a technology and business perspective
• Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
• Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas
• Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
• Shares knowledge, power, and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill
• Able to work under minimal supervision
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
• Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
• Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members. Shows ability to effectively delegate work.
Inclusion and Diversity
GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We expect all employees to live and breathe our behaviors: to act with humility and build trust; lead with transparency; deliver with focus, and drive ownership – always with unyielding integrity.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No