General Electric Ultrasonic/ Eddy Current/ Fluorescent Penetrant Operator in Wilmington, North Carolina
Set up and operate automated immersion ultrasonic (UT), automated eddy current (ET) and fluorescent penetrant (PT) inspection systems to perform inspections of rotating parts for aircraft engines. Obtain and maintain Level II certifications in two inspection methods (UT/ ET/ PT). Work to written inspection instructions, utilizing technical planning, drawings and specifications to determine conformance of the hardware and disposition based on quality requirements.
• Responsible for setting up and operating ultrasonic, eddy current and/ or fluorescent penetrant equipment.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints, engineering drawings and be able to document non-conformances.
• Keep detailed inspection reports, work station documentation.
• Responsible for analyzing and interpreting flaws in rotating part products and determine acceptability.
• Maintain workstation logs and other required product documentation.
• Train other operators as required.
• Responsible for meeting all quality standards associated GE Aviation policies and procedures.
• Responsible for meeting time standards and proper vouchering when required.
• Responsible for workstation cleanliness and housekeeping.
• Required to maintain precise observation and evaluation of testing process and the interpretation of test results.
• Will be required to be dual certified and maintain Level II certifications, as required by military and engineering specifications, in two of the three NDE disciplines at the Wilmington facility. Must satisfactorily complete the training and certification requirements presented by the Level III Certifying Agent(s).
• Must pass annual eye exam, including the Jaeger #2 color perception test.
• Will perform all work to established Environmental, Health and Safety requirements.
• Must be able to lift and load parts up to 50 lbs. utilizing proper ergonomic procedures and lifting devices.
• Exposed to moderate noise, dust, and other normal conditions found in a machine shop with continuous exposure to water and electrical equipment.
• Hearing protection may be required for short periods of time.
• Operator is required to stand 40% of the time, stooping, bending, and stretching is also necessary to complete inspections.
• Must achieve dual certification in UT, ET and/or FPI within 18 months of position start time.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Must be able to work to assigned shift.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Must have current documented level I/II certification (or expired certification within the last 24 months) in at least one of the following methods: UT, ET & PT to SNT–TC-1A or NAS-410 requirements. Required documentation may include education, training documents, experience hours or previous documented level I/II certification.
• Proven ability of basic shop math: add, subtract, multiply, divide and calculate fractions and decimals.
• One (1) year experience in standard linear measurement instruments.
• Associate degree in Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) or equivalent degree.
• Current/previous documented experience in other NDE methods. MT/RT/VT etc.
• Documented experience of at least 3 years in the NDT field.
• Must demonstrate basic proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Experience in setting up electronic inspection test equipment is desirable.
• Documented experience of weld inspection.
• Documented experience operating multi axis contour following UT/ET systems.
• Documented experience operating data acquisition/analysis software.
• Documented experience performing florescent penetrant inspections
• Experience with borescopes/inspection cameras.
• Documented experience operating multi-axis CNC/CMM equipment.
• Two years documented experience in aircraft engine manufacturing.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; North Carolina; Wilmington
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.