General Electric Project Scheduler - Workforce Planning and Scheduling in Wilmington, North Carolina
Job Description Summary
The Project Scheduler is responsible for managing detailed engineering schedules for ongoing projects. In this role, you will manage all aspects of scheduling required to support project managers, engineering managers, and the overall business related to project development and execution. Additionally, you will advocate planning and scheduling best practices to improve project performance.
• Support the detailed scheduling effort for assigned projects within the Oracle Primavera P6 enterprise software following a structured process and project controls requirements
• Professionally interface with internal stakeholders at various levels of the organization
• Analyze and forecast business needs for both demand and supply capability
• Analyze critical and near-critical paths to key project objectives
• Analyze and determine critical skill gaps and overlaps
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (or high school diploma/GED and at least 4 years experience working in a professional engineering environment)
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience planning and/or scheduling engineering projects using Oracle Primavera P6
• Working knowledge of scheduling, project controls, Work Breakdown Structures, Earned Value Management, cost accounts and resource utilization curves
• Works well in a team environment and is self-motivated, responsible, proactive, and reliable
• Helpful attitude and demeanor
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
• High level of attention to detail
• Ability to plan, organize, budget, and monitor project performance
• Experience with large, complex engineering schedules
The salary range for this position is $75k-$85k. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s experience, their education, and the work location. In addition, this position is eligible for a performance bonus.
Available health and welfare benefits include healthcare, prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage; savings account options (such as a Health Care Flexible Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account, and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account); and an employee assistance program. Additional benefits include a defined contribution 401(k) plan, employee life insurance, optional dependent life insurance, employee accidental death or dismemberment insurance coverage, salary continuance program benefits for disability, optional long-term disability, pre-tax transportation/commuter program, paid holidays, paid time off, parental leave, a layoff plan for salaried employees, tuition reimbursement program, use of Cariloop, adoption assistance, optional identity theft prevention insurance, optional personal legal assistance, and optional personal excess liability insurance.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes