General Electric Lead Project Engineer in Wilmington, North Carolina
Job Description Summary
GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
The Lead Project Engineer will direct and coordinate the engineering and design of assigned projects along with technical aspects of the contract. They will coordinate timely decision making on project technical issues relying on internal technical authorities as necessary. Also they will establish & manage the technical interface between all parties involved in the project including engineers, customers, and subcontractors.
· Work with functional engineering teams' to build estimates, schedules, and change orders
· Coordinate and provide technical and delivery leadership for the project
· Be accountable for engineering interfaces with multiple engineering disciplines, business project management, subcontractors, and customers
· Provide oversight for subcontractor engineering work on assigned projects
· Define critical technical project issues and ensure their timely resolution
· Identify technical risks and implement risk mitigation plans
· Ensure engineering activities are performed in compliance with customer, internal, and regulatory requirements
· Support commercial and marketing opportunities for Engineering including generating technical portions of proposals
· Keep project and engineering management advised of project progress, performance, and resource utilization with particular attention to delays, adverse trends, errors and omissions
· Work with Chief Consulting Engineers to coordinate Engineering Design Reviews as required for successful completion of the project
· Review engineering performance on the project to ensure quality, conformance with design process, procedures and completeness of engineering tasks
· Promptly review Design Change notices, identify change order candidates, segregate cost collection, and assist the Project Manager in pertinent aspects of change order management
· Perform Responsible Configuration Management reviews as required for assigned projects.
· Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science from an accredited college or university
· Minimum of 5 years of power industry project management, design, or operation experience
· Knowledge of nuclear business products, business processes, customers, and competitive environment
· Demonstrated ability in meeting project budget, schedule, and quality commitments
· Excellent Leadership, influencing, communication, and presentation skills
· Experience working with Government contracts and contracting requirements
· Ability and willingness to travel
· Experience in boiling water or advanced reactors and/or equivalent technical environment
· Prior experience working with architect engineer / subcontractors
· IT / Computer competency
· Proven ability to think strategically, be creative and move quickly
· Established credibility with peers and managers based on experience
· Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
· Primavera project scheduling tool experience
· Graduate of GE leadership program (PMLP, JOLP, or similar)
· Six Sigma training (BB, DFSS, etc.) (GE Employees only)
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes