General Electric Supplier Quality Lead Engineer in Westborough, Massachusetts
Role Summary:The Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for driving exceptional product quality for the patient safety, customer value beyond expectations, regulatory assurance, and optimized Cost of Quality for GEHC. This is a key technical position, affecting part quality. The position reports into a global team and will be supporting supplier management activities mainly around testing labs, calibration suppliers, sterilization suppliers, cleanroom suppliers, etc.
Essential Responsibilities:Key responsibilities include:
• Improve supplier quality performance for assigned suppliers via Quality and Plan implementation.
• Approve supplier selection through robust qualification processes
• Assure supplier compliance to GEHC QMS and regulatory requirements through supplier monitoring process
• Develop positive relationships and work closely with Global Sourcing, Manufacturing, Engineering and QA to manage and implement supplier/engineering changes, New Product Introductions and Transfers
• Interface with Suppliers, Engineering, Service, Manufacturing and Sourcing to drive Quality improvements that minimize the Costs of Quality
• Ensure Corrective and Preventive Action plans are developed and executed at assigned suppliers in compliance with the CAPA process
• Demonstrated ability to lead, acknowledge, develop, communicate & implement a strategy to ensure compliance
• Develop and execute on Supplier Audit Plan and undertake supplier technical reviews when appropriate
• All other duties as assigned by manager
Qualifications/Requirements:• Degree in an engineering or technical discipline or equivalent non-technical degree with experience in manufacturing, engineering or quality assurance.
• Experience in supplier quality engineering, quality assurance, quality engineering, manufacturing, or engineering.
• Trained Lead Quality Supplier Auditor.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Cleanroom controls & standards
• Experience of Product Release/Laboratory testing
• Effective problem solving, root-cause analytical skills to lead and influence others to drive change (cross-functionally and globally).
• Demonstrated knowledge of Quality Management System tools, continuous improvement methodologies and in-depth understanding of site level products and related processes.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel spreadsheet development and analysis.
Desired Characteristics:• Ability to effectively communicate within all levels of the organization.
• Experience of Calibration and Software suppliers.
• Experience in Industrial Sterilization or sterility assurance.
• Experience in the biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industry, preferably both
• Demonstrated collaboration, negotiation & conflict resolution skills.
• Excellent oral communication & report, business correspondence & procedure-writing skills.
• Supplier quality management experience.
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).Additional Locations:United States;Massachusetts;Westborough;