General Electric Material Specialist in West Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Coordinate and expedite the flow of materials (from suppliers and also within departments) according to production schedules. Plan and schedule material/production needs. Fully proficient professional, contributes to projects and initiatives, influences at the site level and determines and executes to operational standards and processes, and requires understanding of a concepts, methods and procedures.
Key responsibilities include:
• Responsible for material ordering, availability, and scheduling targeting 2-week inventory levels, at a minimum
• Oracle and Digital Cockpit expert
• Ensure systemic accuracy of inventory
• Rescheduling materials for pull ins (expedites) and push outs (for inventory control)
• Daily Shortage root cause investigation and resolution
• Partner closely with suppliers focusing on: Packaging needs, min/max planning. PCNs, as they relate to old/existing parts, materials replenishment planning, root-cause problem solving
• Conduct daily walks on the floor and the receiving dock to investigate and resolve material issues
• Support material transfers, supplier reviews w/Sourcing
• Field Modification Instruction, as appropriate - ordering material, formulating schedules
• Supplier visits, as needed - internal and external
• Manage Phase In / Phase Out (NPI) to minimize obsolete material
• Provide supply analysis data and recommendations as necessary
• Assist in cycle count efforts as determined
• Support tool development for prediction of material issues
• Support all lean activities, initiatives, and action workouts
•Partner closely with Production to identify and root cause any material issues
•Support strategic ordering activities like Kanban, returnable containers and ASCP
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Manufacturing
Working knowledge of MRP
Excellent Interpersonal Skills
Strong problem solving skills
Oracle knowledge and experience
Six Sigma Green Belt
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
Ability to work independently.
Strong problem solving skills.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Wisconsin; West Milwaukee
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.