General Electric Advanced Manufacturing Technician-2nd Shift in West Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Role Summary:Performs diverse and complex assignments in support of GE Healthcare product development and manufacturing on 2nd Shift. Assignments may include, but are not limited to: fabrication and assembly of fixtures and equipment, set up and running of data acquisition equipment for tests, carrying out experiments, reporting/documenting results of tests and measures, lead compliance and quality activities and train other team members.
Essential Responsibilities:• Test production assemblies and sub-assemblies for correct operation and compliance to performance specifications
• Interfaces with other departments in the execution of duties to ensure the orderly flow of materials and information
• Utilizing initiative and independent judgment, construct and assist in evaluating engineering models
• Perform advanced trouble shooting encompassing multiple variables and unknowns to achieve root cause analysis and problem resolution. Conduct experiments and diagnostic tests, as required to draw conclusions
• Perform software and hardware evaluation and implement plans using knowledge of product, system operation, intermodule interactions, engineering tolls, and interactive software tools as required
• Utilize basic technical communications throughout the new product cycle to improve internal models and/or externally sourced components in terms of system performance, reliability, functionality, and serviceability
• Provide evaluation, constructive feedback and leadership in the development of internal and external engineering, manufacturing, or service documentation
• Develop and execute training plans as required
• Provide strong individual contributions in the context of achieving team goals. Provide technical leadership by assisting others in troubleshooting, answering questions and seeking engineering assistance
• Train other team members through technical communications and/or presentations.
• Lead compliance and quality activities by looking for defect trends, learning about quality issues and concessions and passing information to other technicians. Serve as the manufacturing expert on new product introductions by providing feedback to engineering and manufacturing personnel as new products are developed and new procedures are implemented
• Provide technical assistance by telephone or in person to customers, field service personnel, or suppliers
• Comply with EHS regulations and policies
Qualifications/Requirements:1. Associates degree, or a High School diploma and a minimum of 2 years technical experience
Demonstrated Ability to logically troubleshoot at subsystem and system level, using identifiable problem solving techniques
Demonstrated Ability to draw accurate conclusions from test data, malfunctions, or deviations, and assist with corrections to the existing design or process
Demonstrated ability to understand and interpret basic written technical information
Demonstrated ability to work well with limited direction and information
Ability to communicate using English (or local language)
Desired Characteristics:1. Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Engineering or Technology related fields
About Us:GE Healthcare provides transformational medical
technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable
healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough
challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery,
biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps
medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.
Learn More About Careers at GE
Learn More About GE
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).Additional Locations:United States;Wisconsin;West Milwaukee;