General Electric Sr. Technical Product Manager-Engineering Tools in West Chester, Ohio
Job Description Summary
*Open to a East Coast/US based Remote candidates
As the Technical Product Manager for Engineering Tools, you will be responsible for operating in lock-step with functional product management teams to create a clear strategic direction for development needs and conveying that vision to the build and/or operations team. You will direct the IT team with a clear and descriptive set of requirements and partner with the team to determine what can be delivered through balancing the need for new features, defects, and technical debt. Your priority is seamless integration and alignment of perspectives from a broad set of stakeholders: Product Managers, Technical Anchors, Product Owners and Developers.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Leverage your expertise of product design and lifecycle management tools used by engineers, specifically but not limited to PLM (PTC Windchill)), CAD (Nx, Creo, Inventor) and Jira
• Demonstrate superior product and industry knowledge and helps organization to gain the competitive edge.
• Interacts with customers/stakeholders in VOC requirements-gathering, fine tuning, and obtaining product feedback. Create product roadmaps based on those interactions.
• Works with cross-functional teams to deliver features and major, complex products.
• Possesses a deep understanding of the technology stack and impact on final product.
• Routinely collaborates with UX, Architecture and engineering teams on multiple issues and decisions.
• Conducts customer and stakeholder interviews and elaborates on personas.
• Demonstrates expert persuasion and influencing skills that ensure alignment between customer, product manager and engineering teams.
• Owns the release and sprint backlogs short-term roadmap for MVPs and quarterly releases.
• Owns and manages the backlog; continuously orders and prioritizes to ensure that 1-2 sprints/iterations of backlog are always ready.
• Prioritize continuously in accordance with the understanding and validation of customer problems and needs.
• Demonstrates strategic expert level skills in problem decomposition and ability to navigate through ambiguity.
• Engages frequently (50% of the time) with the development team; facilitates discussions, provides clarification, story acceptance and refinement, testing and validation; contributes to design activities and decisions.
• Translates unstructured or ambiguous work requests into actionable user stories and work units.
• Partners with Development Leadership to ensure healthy development process.
• Mentors junior team members.
• Provide technical leadership to TPMs across organization. Expert in Agile Methodology: Coaches others.
For roles in USA: Bachelor's Degree in with minimum years of experience 8years
Desired Characteristics Technical Expertise:
• Strong knowledge of software design and coding principles
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Familiarity with versatile implementation options
• Demonstrates knowledge on technical topics, such as caching, APIs, data transfer, scalability, and security
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
• Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices
• Skilled in negotiation to align stakeholders and communicate a single synthesized perspective to the scrum team. Balances value propositions for competing stakeholders.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the competitive environment
• Demonstrates knowledge of technologies in the market to help make buy vs build recommendations, scope MVPs, and to drive market timing decisions
• Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas. Pre-emptively sees downstream consequences and effectively tailors influencing strategy to support a positive outcome.
• Able to verbalize what is behind decisions and downstream implications. Continuously reflecting on success and failures to improve performance and decision-making.
• Understands when change is needed. Participates in technical strategy planning.
• Able to effectively direct and mentor others in critical thinking skills. Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analysis skills and best practices. Finds important patterns in seemingly unrelated information.
• Influences and energizes other toward the common vision and goal. Maintains excitement for a process and drives to new directions of meeting the goal even when odds and setbacks render one path impassable.
• Innovates and integrates new processes and/or technology to significantly add value to GE. Identifies how the cost of change weighs against the benefits and advises accordingly. Proactively learns new solutions and processes to address seemingly unanswerable problems.
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years’ experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This Job Description is intended to provide a high level guide to the role. However, it is not intended to amend or otherwise restrict/expand the duties required from each individual employee as set out in their respective employment contract and/or as otherwise agreed between an employee and their manager.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No