General Electric Product Sales Specialist - Consumables in West Chester, Ohio
The Consumables Sales Specialist is responsible for driving the sales and profit of bioprocess consumables product lines to the research, biotech and pharmaceutical customers. GE Healthcare Life Sciences provides expertise and tools for a wide range of applications, including basic research of cells and proteins, drug discovery research, as well as tools to support large-scale manufacturing of biopharmaceuticals. The PSS will also call on Life Sciences, academic and industrial customers.
Essential Responsibilities As the clinical/technical sales expert for assigned life sciences consumable products, will differentiate GE’s offerings, convey compelling value propositions, lead the opportunity, qualify the customer needs, develop & present solutions proposals/quotations, & respond to customers’ clinical/technical/process questions in order to successfully close increasingly complex clinical/technical/solution sales.
• Accountable to achieve orders & sales OP target for assigned accounts/territory
• Provide input to deal pricing strategy & ensure pricing compliance for segment opportunities
• Forecast orders/sales within the applicable sales funnel tools & reports for their products/solutions/services in their assigned territory/accounts
Territory & Account Management
• Create business plans for territory/assigned accounts including, but not limited to opportunity development, competitive strategies & targets
• Build strong business relationships & formulate account strategies to continuously strengthen relationships within the assigned accounts/territory. Identify & respond to key account technical & departmental decision makers’ needs and maintain customer contact records in the relevant CRM tools
• Continuously develop and improve a network of key opinion leaders within the assigned territory
• Track and communicate market trends to/from the field including competitor data, and develop and lead effective counter-strategies
Product & Market Expertise
• Maintain up to date detailed knowledge of their product/services. Able to present/discuss the technology & clinical benefits in terms which are relevant to customers
• Maintain up to date market & competitor knowledge related to their product/solutions/services
• Continuously update their understanding of customers changing clinical and/or operational issues and challenges
• Create viable product configurations meeting customer needs effectively, while achieving optimum margin for GE
• Differentiate assigned product offering during the various stages of the sales process, effectively using GE resources/approved product marketing/product promotion material to actively support the customer through their decision-making process towards a successful outcome for GE
• Promote product/solution and the company at relevant medical conferences/technical exhibitions
• Identify/create new opportunities and work with sales leaders & account teams to continuously increase prospect funnel
• Drive tender/bid process including the needs qualification, vendor selection, quotation and closure of their sales opportunities to meet orders/sales/margin targets as well as to maximize customer satisfaction
• Create and maintain opportunities in the applicable sales funnel tool and/or CRM tools
• Ownership of order & configuration quality at the point of entry to ensure accuracy, configuration integrity and that all requirements are tied to documented customer inputs
• Estimate date of delivery to customer based on knowledge of the company's production and delivery schedules ensuring fulfillment of the order
• Contribute to account plans as applicable covered by account managers/executives
• Continuously educate/coach account team members on their product/service/solution strategy & offerings
• Collaborate with & leverage subject matter experts/other resources within GEHC channels to build relationships and secure business
Bachelor’s degree in a technical area
At least 3 years of related experience in sales or a scientific field such a molecular biology or biochemistry
Must live and be able to travel within territory of IN, OH and WVA.
Valid motor vehicle license
• Proven and progressive previous experience in sales/services/promotion to C-suite and technical decision makers e.g. CEOs, Strategic Planning Directors, Facilities/Estates managers, Biomedical Engineers, nursing staff, medical specialty staff (Anesthesiology, Radiology, Intensive care, Nuclear Physicists etc.)
• Prefer candidates who live in either Cincinnati or Columbus, OH.
There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia; Cincinnati or Columbus
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.