General Electric Staff Architect, Cyber Security in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
Job Description Summary
Responsible for providing cyber security design expertise and guidance enabling the business to utilize cloud based and hosted solutions. Ensure approach and strategy aligns with appropriate security controls to meet risk management needs per company policy, regulatory or industry standards.
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our Digital organization is structured around three major areas: Products & Platform, Go to Market and Centers of Excellence.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will
Partner with appropriate teams to design and implement architecture to effectively manage cyber risk in customer hosting and associated cloud environments including;
General networking, segmentation, routing
Encryption and certificate management
Application level assurance
Monitoring and logging
Data classification and loss prevention
Compliance to identified standards, regulations, and policy
Metrics identified as important to reflect program effectiveness
Assist with development of security standards and strategy as it relates to security management of cloud services and customer environments
Develop deep technical understanding of GE Healthcare products and services to ensure appropriate cyber management
Ensure coordination between GE Healthcare business functions, Application owners, GE Corporate and GE Businesses to develop best in class cloud security solutions
Continually evaluate new threats, solutions and the impact on IT and Business operations and balancing these needs to develop and implement the best security solutions for the business
For roles outside USA:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with advanced experience.
For roles in USA:Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with minimum years of experience6years
Experience working with the following:
IT architecture process, standards, and tools
Hosted Customer Environments
AWS, Azure Cloud Environments
Data Networking Design and Operations
Threat Modeling, Data Protection, Cloud Cyber Security Management, Vulnerability Management, Firewall and segmentation, encryption, and certificate management
• Ability to consult customer on alignment of outcomes and desired technical solutions at an enterprise level
• Ability to Analyze, design, and develop a software solution roadmap and implementation plan based upon a current vs. future state of the business.
• Working knowledge of configuration choices and related cost implications; Experience with complex solution configurations.
• Knowledgeable of full range of solution catalog within a business unit and able to discuss overall solution at depth.
• Experience sustaining operational stability through various life cycle phases (planning, implementation, steady state, de-commissioning); Ability to provision and budget via capital and operating.
• Able to lead early stage customer interactions; Guide customers as they develop confidence and comfort with approaches, and integrate with their legacy tech investments.
• Adept at navigating the organizational matrix; understanding people's roles, can foresee obstacles, identify workarounds, leverage resources and rally teammates.
• Understand how internal and/or external business model works and facilitate active customer engagement
• Able to articulate the value of what is most important to the business/customer to achieve outcomes
• Able to produce functional area information in sufficient detail for cross-functional teams to utilize, using presentation and storytelling concepts.
• Possess extensive knowledge of full solution catalog within a business unit and proficiency in discussing each area at an advanced level.
• Six Sigma Green Belt Certification or equivalent quality certification
• Demonstrated working knowledge of internal organization
• Foresee obstacles, identify workarounds, leverage resources, rally teammates.
• Demonstrated ability to work with and/or lead blended teams, including 3rd party partners and customer personnel.
• Demonstrated Change Management /Acceleration capabilities
• Strong interpersonal skills, including creativity and curiosity with ability to effectively communicate and influence across all organizational levels
• Proven analytical and problem resolution skills
• Ability to influence and build consensus with other Information Technology (IT) teams and leadership
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No