General Electric Manager, Transactional Tax in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
Role Summary:The Transactional Tax Manager will work with other members of GE Healthcare’s in-house and outsourced tax functions; commercial, accounting, and finance teams; and government tax agencies in meeting sales, use and property tax planning, compliance and tax audit requirements relating to GE Healthcare’s Equipment Finance (HEF) unit.
Essential Responsibilities:• In connection with outside service providers, lead the sales, use and property tax workstreams for HEF principally in the United States but with responsibility in specified international jurisdictions (as required).
• Serve as principal interface with transactional sales, use and property tax counterparts at HEF and HEF’s primary outside bank funder.
• Manage overall relationships with outsourced sales, use, and property tax providers (scope of work, administration, etc.).
• Drive integration of sales use and property tax metrics and processes within GE Healthcare as part of broader HEF / GEHC integration.
• Oversee preparation of quarterly sales, use and property tax account reconciliations.
• Provide HEF’s primary outside bank funder with support for their sales and use tax audits. Review and validate customer exemption certificates, along with maintaining tax determination and exemption in the principal Finance and Operating system (Leasewave) and/or Vertex tax determination system.
• Manage/oversight of the property tax return preparation process with outside service providers, including the review and validation of assessments, bills and allocations to customers.
• Oversee property tax jurisdiction funding and bank partner reporting performed by outsourced providers and HEF operations teams, ensuring HEF is meeting its commitments.
• Prepare and post various recurring and non-recurring journal entries.
• Support ad-hoc business sales. use and property tax planning initiatives.
• Manage customer billing questions, tax disputes and reconciliations.
• Support operating systems configuration and implementation for tax processes, including any needed sales, use and property tax updates for Leasewave and Vertex.
Qualifications/Requirements:• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or another business-related field.
• Minimum of 5 years of public accounting or business-related experience. Strong technical background that includes an understanding of the relationship between sales, use and property tax technical issues and solutions and the compliance process.
• Adaptable/flexible: being open to change (positive or negative) in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, positive attitude, good analytical skills and the ability to work within a matrixed organization.
• Excellent research, verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate complex issues in a clear and concise manner to non-tax functions
• Self-motivated and able to manage cross-functional teams.
• Experience working with Vertex.
• Experience managing projects.
• Solid PC skills: experience with financial systems/applications (Oracle/SAP, HFM, Business Objects, etc.).
• Strong Excel skills in data compilation and aggregation (pivot tables, VLookup, Macros, etc.)
• Fluent in English.
• Must be willing to comply with pre-employment screening, including but not limited to drug testing, reference verification and background check.
• Must be willing to travel occasionally sometimes on short notice.
Desired Characteristics:• Aptitude to think and act quickly within a dynamic tax and business environment;
• Detail-oriented, organized, and able to prioritize multiple projects, tasks, and strict deadlines;
• Capable of taking ownership and accountability for a project from start to finish;
• Sound technical and practical judgment, permitting ability to work with a high degree of autonomy;
• Has demonstrated influencing skills and understands approaches to change management
• Proficient use of data analytic tools (e.g. Microsoft Excel)
• Ability to partner effectively with business management, legal, and finance personnel
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).Additional Locations:United States;Florida, Wisconsin;Wauwatosa, Milwaukee, Waukesha;