General Electric Global Product Sourcing Manager (GI/MIC) in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Responsible for developing, implementing and leading the supplier strategy for sourcing products and services for the assigned Global Purchase Family, Regional Commodity purchasing or P&L based purchasing. Strategically, the role requires driving and developing comprehensive strategic relationships through strong technical/market expertise. This includes setting, continuously refining and executing the long-term sourcing strategy. Manages a team of sourcing professionals.
• Driving the sourcing strategy that delivers a competitive advantage including implementation of the strategic supplier initiatives. This includes supplier selection, development, and supplier consolidation to ensure sourcing optimization and overall supplier performance.
• Leading sourcing deliverables related to the introduction of new products or the end of production of products with full accountability for meeting business targets (Quality, Fulfillment, Cost and Cash)
• Developing strategies and driving negotiations to meet the quality, fulfillment and productivity requirements of the business.
• Partnering with key business stakeholders to ensure sourced material and services meet the needs of the business.
• The role may lead a team of sourcing professional to meet the sourcing requirements of the assigned products.
• Supporting Supplier Quality Program, ensuring supplier compliance with FDA, EHS, transportation and other regulatory and reputation requirements
Bachelor Business or Engineering degree
Minimum 10-15 years Sourcing (Procurement), Engineering or Supply Chain leadership experience including 5-10 years in team leadership
Excellent business/financial acumen, proficient in leading and setting direction for teams, including demonstrated ability to motivate, influence and drive change at all levels of the organization
Demonstrated ability to lead courageously, maintaining a strong position amidst opposition to resolve important issues, and ability to navigate through a large complex business
Program management skills and clear thinker skills to plan/set up priorities and drive execution towards targeted deliverables
Master in Business Administration
10 years solid sourcing, supply chain or commercial experience including 6 years in a leadership capacity.
Extensive global experience leading cross-functional or geographically dispersed teams
Proven Executive Leadership skills in driving Global change across an organization, including strong Change Acceleration Process skills.
Demonstrated ability to lead courageously, maintaining a strong position amidst opposition to resolve important issues, and ability to navigate through a large complex business.
Locations: United States; Wisconsin; Wauwatosa
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.