General Electric Technical Support Engineer in Waukesha, Wisconsin
Role Summary:The Siemens Vascular Technical Support Engineer I (TSE I) drives customer satisfaction through Service Excellence by providing technical support and counsel to both remote and onsite Field Engineers (FE’s), Client Service Technicians (CST’s), and Customers experiencing system performance issues.
Essential Responsibilities:This position is the technical resource for all service-related escalations regarding the Siemens Axiom Artis family, Q zen with Pure, Zee, Zeego, Multistar, and Neurostar product lines. If required to advise the customer install base in a specific geography. Position may include Partial Relocation consideration.
Provide remote and on-site technical support for the the Siemens Axiom Artis family, Q zen with Pure, Zee, Zeego, Multistar, Neurostar, and Leonardo workstations to include 3D and remote connectivity.
Use successful, effective field experience and knowledge to provide technical support to FE’s, CST’s, and customers that may include both remote and onsite support.
Maintain up-to-date knowledge of modality products, service expertise, and tools to maintain “field advisor” status.
Utilize the GEHC escalation process as needed, working closely with local customer and national support to define and support implementation of corrective action plans to resolve customer issues in a timely manner.
Utilize “Gameplan” tool to drive Service effectiveness. Contribute knowledge to the Problem Solution Database (PSDB).
Contribute to the improvement of productivity tools through idea generation, workout attendance, and project assignments as required.
Support Material and Purchased Service cost improvement initiatives for the modality.
Within project engagement, act as a change agent/ field "advisor" in areas such as product serviceability and reliability, quality trend analysis, productivity program development and implementation, national modality program execution and new product introduction support.
Manage and support improvements in business processes that maximize competitiveness, enabling continued business growth. This may include leveraging service capabilities by increasing the number of customer systems connected to the internet to improve remote troubleshooting and remote fix rates.
Work with Modality / Service Engineering, Product Engineering and field support specialists to drive product quality, serviceability, and resolve formal customer escalations.
Coach and train FE's to ensure that technical and customer skills are up to date and meet the needs of the business. On occasion may serve as subject matter expert (SME) for FE modality training through the Service Quality Standard (SQS) training curriculum.
Identify field process improvements such as pre-PM work, PM cycle time, remote TTR work, field-based technical training to support use of remote diagnostic troubleshooting tools and processes in the field.
Identify field quality improvements to include hazardous/ non-hazardous complaints via Trackwise.
Travel to customer sites and support installations, FMIs and customer escalations (CSOs).
Maintain and enhance modality knowledge, such as: Networking / Dicom / Insite / PACS / OS field service experience, knowledge of legacy Vascular, X-ray, and CR/DR products. Knowledge and experience using Common Service Desktop, CRM and other remote tools as required.
Qualifications/Requirements:Minimum 7 years of engineering experience as an FE II and/or FE III, or the equivalent external to GE with regards to the repair and maintenance of Siemens Vascular and X-ray products.
o High School Diploma/GED AND 8+ years of experience servicing mechanical and/or electrical equipment, OR…Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Biomedical Engineering, or related field AND 7 years of experience servicing mechanical and/or electrical equipment or diagnostic imaging equipment from multiple OEM’s. Equivalent military education to Associates or Bachelor's degrees AND 7 years of experience servicing mechanical and/or electrical equipment.
- Must have consistently performed as an FE II, or an FE III, or the equivalent external to GEHC for a period of 7 years before consideration of promotion to TSE I.
- Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution based service process.
- Ability to stay calm in pressurized situations and coach people through solving problems.
- Exceptional teamwork attitude to include verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to extract applicable information during a troubleshooting process and use that information to help resolve issues remotely.
- Demonstrated successful history of technical problem solving and resolution maintaining (Primarily Siemens vascular to include general x-ray) equipment, including proven experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment.
- Healthcare Imaging understanding to include post processing for Vascular, 3D, and X-ray, DICOM, PACS and Advanced computer networking.
- Experience with Siemens applications, Web applications, and the Microsoft suite of products.
- Experience responding to the concerns of and interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution-based service process.
- Travel to customer sites and support installations, FMIs and customer escalations (CSOs).
- Willingness to be available "after hours", or work a rotating On-Call schedule, including weekends, for critical issues and coverage, as necessary.
- Must have and maintain a valid Driver’s License.
- Special Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 35 lbs. unassisted and frequently bend, stoop, twist, climb, crouch/squat, kneel/crawl, sit and stand for long periods of time. Must also be able to reach at, above and below shoulder level, flex/extend neck and have good hand and finger dexterity. Specific vision abilities required by this job may include color, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- The Technical Support Engineer role requires a permanent, stable, secure and private internet connection due to the sensitive nature of the customer support you provide. In addition, as the TSE role provides onsite support you may not relocate more than 30 miles from your current location without approval from your manager.
- Aware of and comply with the GE Healthcare (GEHC) Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
- Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
- Identify and report any and all customer quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization.
- Identify and report any personal quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization.
- Ensure timely service activity and record closure.
- Ensure/drive completion of all field modifications instructions (FMI’s) within prescribed timeframe.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating process and product quality gaps.
Desired Characteristics:1. 2 or 4 year degree in an Engineering discipline
Strong customer service skills.
Highly motivated team player.
Prior project or technical leadership experience.
Networking certification, or related networking experience
Basic financial analysis abilities
Lean / Six Sigma Certified
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).Additional Locations:United States;Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming;