General Electric Sr Product Management Staff Mgr - Cardiovascular IT Segment in Waukesha, Wisconsin
Job Description Summary
As Sr. Product Management Director for Cardiology IT solutions segment, you will be responsible for our cardiology IT roadmap, new product introduction and wing to wing lifecycle management of the products across the portfolio. Incumbent will help drive market share growth, product offering competitiveness, and IB retention across the products. Incumbent works with customers, cross functional product development, commercial, service and support teams and helps in the formation of the strategic roadmap and vision. Incumbent will also partner with cardiology care area teams and other modalities involved in the cardiology care area to align product vision and develop capabilities to enable broader offering creation and positioning.
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our Digital organization is structured around three major areas: Products & Platform, Go to Market and Centers of Excellence.
As a domain expert for your portfolio, you will engage customers at mid-level management and technical levels to develop/refine portfolio and product strategy, influence customers; industry direction and execute strategy. You will be accountable for driving successful delivery of new products and regular product releases, and representing General Electric to the outside market, including customers, partners and analysts. You will partner with commercial and service teams to ensure value propositions meet customer needs and are competitive, product quality, performance, install and service meets expectations of customers and the business
In this role, you will:
•Ensuring customer focus by communicating and building rapport with customers as required and ensuring the “voice of the customer” is reflected in work processes.
•Close collaboration with marketing to translate practice needs, market analysis, competitive analysis, and regulatory environment factors into actionable strategies and tactics for the product.
•Partner with internal and external domain experts to highlight emerging practice trends and product/content needs of the customer.
•Conducting product research to further understand the competitive profile for the segment worldwide (where applicable) and opportunities for growth.
•Working with marketing, engineering, and services to create long-term product roadmaps, requirements, and business plans.
•Driving product portfolio to meet the needs of the market. Responsible for strategy and execution of the product roadmaps and new product introductions.
•Collaborate across modalities and cardiology care area leadership to develop integrated approaches and solutions and go to market approaches
•Establish tradeoffs between internal development and business partnership activities with strategic partners-including contract negotiations and maintenance, product changes, forecasting and financials. •Coordinating the needs across a multi-functional organization, including marketing, sales, operations, engineering, and services teams, while ensuring compliance with quality systems and regulatory requirements.
•Evangelize for the product by presenting to customers and users groups; represent the product at trade shows and with media; sell product roadmap internally; participate in winning large deals; provide sales training, and generate enthusiasm for the product.
•Create a team environment that encourages innovation Qualifications/Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
Minimum of 10 years of experience in the software domain or a Master’s Degree with 6 years of experience
Minimum 2.5 years of experience in a complex product management role in Healthcare space
Must be willing to travel
• Deep domain expertise in Healthcare IT industry – specifically, in cardiology / cardio vascular IT and workflows, market needs and trends
• Proactively drives portfolio and investment decision to balance customer needs, install base requirements (refresh) and long term enterprise differentiation.
• Evangelizes concepts beyond current offerings and considers business model innovation (product, service and delivery innovations
• Defines and/or influences pricing strategy for product/ services and alignment across functions and organizations
• Aligns goals, feature sets, capabilities to business objectives for the product (i.e. Profitability, ROI, Market Penetration, Channel development, Brand Development, etc.)
• Strong business analysis, problem solving, and strategy development skills
• Evangelizes new technology, predicts trends, and identifies new opportunities based on trends
• Identifies the customer’s business and strategic needs, concerns, and desires for the value delivery capabilities of the products
• Establishes relationships in the market intelligence and research community
• Ability to interact at all levels of the organization and with other GE businesses
• Adopts a holistic systems perspective. Empathizes with multiple points of view. Challenges program/product planning assumptions
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams to help build effective processes
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas, and leverages chains of indirect influence Personal
• Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analytical skills and best practices
• Able to re-appropriate existing solutions to new requirements and situations
• Emotional Intelligence, ability to influence up and out
• Accountable for policy decisions with incomplete, conflicting information and uncertain long-term dynamics
We expect all employees to live and breathe our behaviors: to act with humility and build trust; lead with transparency; deliver with focus, and drive ownership –always with unyielding integrity.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No