General Electric Sr Director - Software Engineering in Waukesha, Wisconsin
As a Sr Director - Software Engineering aligned to Service Remote Solutions, you will own and develop a portfolio of critical platforms that leverage connectivity, data & analytics, modern SW architecture, and cutting-edge workflows to digitally transform GEHC Service. You will apply your knowledge of management, software development methodologies, best practices and proven processes to deliver quality software platforms on budget, on schedule, and with superb quality.
• Continue to grow a world class multi-site software development organization that delivers digital transformational technologies. Inspire, coach, mentor, and lead a diverse group of lean/agile software and user experience engineers developing high Intellectual property custom software.
• Work with customers and product owners across the businesses to understand market needs and opportunities, and translate that into a winning strategies and multi-generational plans that drive development of remote software platforms and products with measurable business impact.
• Collaborate cross functionally with other functions and businesses to align activities and deliverables. Influence decision making through active partnership to further GEHC’s success in the market.
• Leverage cutting edge development methodologies, knowledge, and experience to drive increased efficiency and quality across the teams
• Own and manage a multi-million dollar development budget with cost centers in the US and India
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 12 years of professional experience in Software Development or Software Quality.
• Engineering Senior Management / Director role OR Master’s degree with 8 years of experience in Software Development or Software Quality Engineering Senior Management
• Minimum 1 year of experience in an engineering leadership / management role
• GE Leadership Program Graduates will get credit towards relevant work experience, commensurate to the program they have completed
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
• Must be willing to travel 15%
• Must be willing to work out of an office located in Waukesha, WI
• Proven track record leading a large international organization. Includes creating culture of energized, collaborative, creative and high performance teams thay deliver great technology.
• Proven track record of hiring, retaining, developing and promoting software talent.
• 5+ years of managing multiple scrum teams in agile methodology
• Experience developing custom software
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity. Able to verbalize what is behind decisions and downstream implications.
• Experience working with international partners; proven track record of interacting, respecting, and influencing global organizations. particularly in India.
• Continuously reflecting on success and failures to improve performance and decision-making. Understands when change is needed. Participates in technical strategy planning
• Evangelizes new technology, predicts trends, and identifies new opportunities based on trends.
• Demonstrates advanced understanding of software development tools & infrastructure
• Prioritizes projects based on an assessment of competitive needs. Anticipates areas of competitive
vulnerability and offers plans to mitigate them
• Additional leadership experience in areas of operations, manufacturing and quality preferred
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Wisconsin; Waukesha
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.