General Electric Senior UX Interaction Designer in Waukesha, Wisconsin
Job Description Summary
UX Design in GE Healthcare Imaging is made up of multi-disciplinary teams of UX Designers, Researchers, Product Owners, Subject Matter Experts, Program Managers, and Engineers: we care deeply about the people who use our products. The UX team plays an integral part in gathering insights about the attitudes, emotions, and behaviors of people who use our products to inspire and inform design. We collaborate closely with each other and with engineering and product management to create industry-leading products that deliver value for the people who use them, and for GE Healthcare’s Customers. As an Interaction Designer, you’ll rely on user-centered design methods to craft industry-leading user experiences—from concept to implementation. Like all of our UX jobs, you’ll collaborate with your design partners to leverage and evolve the EDS design language to build beautiful, innovative, inspired products that people love to use.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
· Satisfy user needs through well thought out designs
· Utilize UX tools to communicate solutions
· Communicate design concepts to stakeholders, subject matter experts, engineers and UX team members
· Capture design concepts in design specifications to be used by software engineering teams to fulfil the vision of the design
· Support software engineering teams during implementation
· Creates multiple variations to a single design component to explore how different treatments meet design requirements and brand/experience goals.
· Explains and defends design decisions to other members of the project team including developers, product managers, and other designers.
· Constructively participates in critiques of own design ideas and those of others.
Lead research and evaluation of emerging design, technology, industry, and market trend
Bachelors Degree in Design
4+ years experience in UX Interaction Design
· Demonstrated strong understanding of Agile / Lean UX methodologies
· Skilled in standard design & wireframing tools, hand drawn and visual communication, time-based and interactive prototyping tools.
· Ability to use generative techniques (sketching, brainstorming, etc.) to establish a variety of possible design decisions and decision scenarios.
· Proficient with industry standard design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Axure).
· Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary UX and product teams (interaction, UX research, engineering, content strategy).
*As part of our interview process, you will be asked to present recent design projects you have authored.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE requires U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you receive an approved medical or religious accommodation. Proof of vaccination will be required.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No