General Electric Senior Software Engineer in Waukesha, Wisconsin
Job Description Summary
In this remote role, you will be responsible for programing a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. You will also contribute to design discussions.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Be responsible for defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure
• Provide technical leadership to an agile team of 3-6
• Work with a cross functional team of engineers, scientists and applications experts to translate high level MR application needs that demand new reconstruction capabilities into component-level requirements
• Translate requirements / vision into prioritized list of user stories and deliver to required timelines and quality standards
• Design and implement solutions to complex data management and distributed processing software problems in the reconstruction platform domain in accordance with established software development practices and processes.
• Plan and perform integration activities at component, sub-system and system levels. Document designs and verification activities; perform component & subsystem level verifications, participate in system level verifications and validations as necessary.
• Understand research and industry trends in the area of MR reconstruction and MR image processing applications
• Work with product line leaders and architects to develop multi generation software technology plans
• Drive increased efficiency across the teams, eliminating duplication, leveraging product and technology reuse
• Support process improvements which guide the development, sustaining & support activities
• Ensure team receives consistent messages and has clear understanding of business direction, strategy and results
• Engage subject matter experts in successful transfer of complex domain knowledge
• Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
• Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
• Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
• Work on core data structures and algorithms and implement them using technology chosen
• Proactively share information across the team, to the right audience with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness
Quality Specific Goals:
Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
Ensure compliance/closure of Regulatory and Quality requirements before approving Design Outputs/Program Deliverables
Lead continuous improvement activities by driving the implementation of process and product quality improvement initiatives
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering with minimum years of experience 8+ years
• Experience with Linux based programming on X86 systems.
• Experience in object oriented design methodology and various programming languages, including C/C+• Working knowledge in configuration management tools such as GiT
Desired Technical Expertise:
• Master's Degree/ PHD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
• Familiarity with Python, Deep learning, Machine learning, Image processing, Image reconstruction and computer vision
• Demonstrated proficiency in C++ programming and Object oriented programing concepts applied in a production software environment.
• Demonstrated expertise with MATLAB or equivalent scientific modeling tools & packages
• Experience with Parallel computing concepts and tools - MPI, OpenMP
• Strong understanding of digital signal processing techniques, algorithms and mathematical transforms
• Experience with MR Reconstruction processing pipelines; knowledge of various corrections in K-Space and Image space;
• Knowledge of emerging Non-Cartesian Acquisition/Reconstruction Techniques, motion correction techniques and MR image artifacts will be an added plus.
• Working knowledge of MR pulse sequences/acquisition techniques and K-space sampling strategies utilized by various clinical applications.
• Strong understanding of imaging acceleration techniques including parallel imaging and compressed sensing.
• Experience with GE MR Research reconstruction processing.
• Experience with High Performance Compute or GPU technologies such as Open CL, Tensor Flow
• Experience working with C++ and Python IDEs (Eclipse, CLion, Visual Studio, XCode, PyCharm)
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
• Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry trends
• Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices
• Ability to takes ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members
• Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions. Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
• Identifies misalignments with goals, objectives, and work direction against the organizational strategy. Makes suggestions to course correct
• Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against scheduled commitments. Effectively balances different, competing objectives
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Effective team building and problem solving abilities
• Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks. Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit
• Collaborative development experience
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes