General Electric Senior Software Engineer in Waukesha, Wisconsin
Job Description Summary
Role can be remote based anywhere within the CON US.
Responsible for programing a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. You will also contribute to design discussions.
As part of GEHC Imaging business, this team is responsible for developing and maintaining the next generation SW platform and applications using modern SW technology stack for our scanner products. In this journey we are also replacing/refactoring our legacy SW monolith with micro-services based architecture and domain-driven design. This SW platform is continuously evolving and also enabling and activating our business vision of unifying our UX/UI and extensible SW design/architecture across different modalities and products while employing latest and greatest DevOps, CI/CD, Cybersecurity, and industry standard development practices like Agile/SAFe/SDLC4.
This team is part of a culturally diverse global team sharing the same goal, and is comprised of highly-skilled, experienced, motivated, ever-curious and thus ever-learning individuals. As part of this team you will be solving problems and taking on challenges alongside physicists, scientists and application in the SW domain of GEHC’s MRI scanner products with utmost quality and safety at its core value. As part of this team you will be responsible for multiple software projects with high complexity that require in-depth domain knowledge or two or more specialized architecture areas.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Be responsible for defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure
• Provide technical leadership to an agile team of 5-7 engineers
• Work with Product Line Leaders (PLLs) to understand product requirements & vision
• Translate requirements / vision into prioritized list of user stories and deliver to required timelines and quality standards
• Work with product line leaders and architects to develop multi generation software technology plans
• Drive increased efficiency across the teams, eliminating duplication, leveraging product and technology reuse
• Support process improvements which guide the development, sustaining & support activities
• Work cross functionally with other business departments to align activities and deliverables
• Drive world-class quality in the development and support of products
• Ensure team receives consistent messages and has clear understanding of business direction, strategy and results
• Engage subject matter experts in successful transfer of complex domain knowledge
• Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
• Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
• Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
• Work on core data structures and algorithms and implement them using technology chosen
• Proactively share information across the team, to the right audience with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/Information Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) equivalent degree with minimum 8 years of experience
• Minimum 4 years of experience with Windows and Unix / Linux based programming
• Minimum 5 years of experience working with Java/JEE, Swagger/OpenAPI and Springboot/Spring
• Minimum 1 year of experience working with BDD/Cucumber, Perforce/GIT, Artifactory, Gradle/Maven and Docker.
• Master's Degree/ PHD in Computer Science
• Certified Scrum Master and/or Product Owner
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No