General Electric Security Systems Specialist in Waukesha, Wisconsin
The Security Systems Specialist is responsible for the support of all physical security systems including access control, CCTV operations, and dedicated alarm systems on a global wide spectrum. This position will also serve as the point of contact for training users to operate the access control, CCTV, and alarm systems.
• Responsible for the maintenance and day-to-day operations of all access control and CCTV operations globally; this includes monitoring and troubleshooting problems with physical security equipment, servers, and workstations globally
• Serves as the point of contact for all issues relative to corporate ID, access, CCTV and alarm systems on a global wide spectrum
• On a required basis, acts as the department representative interacting with contractors for repair and maintenance of all access, CCTV and alarm systems
• On a required basis, serves as the department’s trainer for all users of the corporate security access, CCTV, and alarm systems
• On an as needed basis, creates ID/Access Badges for new employees and contractors across the global platform
• On an as needed basis, assists with system/site design and improvement recommendations
• Maintain up-to-date documentation of the department’s processes and procedures; maintain up-to-date documentation of service logs and camera/system status events. Provide reports as needed
• Advise on technological trends in systems management
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Business Security Director.
Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years’ experience in related security field
Familiarity with guarding management and security systems, such as access control, CCTV, intrusion alarms.
Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point, etc..
Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
• Knowledge of the access control systems and security management software, specifically Facility Commander and Lenel OnGuard
• Knowledge of CCTV Operations to include analog DVR and IP based NVR operations and troubleshooting
• Basic understanding of network technology
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office including above average knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule
• Must be self-driven and possess strong problem-solving skills
• Must possess initiative and motivation as well as the ability to work independently and with a team
• Ability to prioritize and complete tasks within defined deadlines
• Ability to learn new concepts quickly
• Knowledge of software tools, databases
• Strong attention to detail
• Can assess and evaluate data effectively and Synthesize facts, concepts, principles
• Identify critical issues quickly and accurately
• Compile, sort, and interpret data
• Customer service skills by providing assistance to customers, employees and visitors in a courteous and professional manner
• Must possess initiative and motivation as well as the ability to work independently and/or with a team
• Strong analytical and strong problem solving skills; effectively evaluates information/data to make decisions
• Has cultural awareness & sensitivity
Other: Quality Specific Goals:
Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
Proficient knowledge and understanding of GEHC Purchasing Controls Procedure and associated Work Instructions and operates within them to ensure that all purchased product and services conform to specified requirements.
Lead the development and maintaining of fully qualified and compliant supply base.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Wisconsin; Waukesha
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.