General Electric Production Quality Specialist in Waukesha, Wisconsin
Performs diverse assignments to drive product quality improvements in GEHC product development and manufacturing. Leads product quality improvement efforts with cross functional teams. Assignments may include but are not limited to: process data collection, technical support for trouble shooting product quality defects and identifying root cause, supporting in house rework and developing procedures, expediting non-conforming material processes and investigating logistics damage.
• Drive improved product quality by identifying root cause for manufacturing issues, developing cost-effective solutions, and overseeing successful implementation into production.
• Work with manufacturing and new product introductions to identify and resolve quality problems related to methods, processes, tooling, equipment and product design.
• Collaborate with site materials team, manufacturing engineers and supplier quality to expedite disposition and return of defective material to external vendors for root cause analysis.
• Support logistics damage investigations and contribute to packaging design improvements.
• Develop and execute training plans as required in support of quality initiatives or non-conformances.
• Provide strong individual contributions in the context of achieving team goals. Provide technical
leadership by assisting others in troubleshooting, answering questions and seeking engineering
assistance as needed.
• Work with manufacturing engineers, material team and engineering to resolve defective material dispositioned for rework.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university/college or an Associates degree and 5 years’ technical experience, or a High School Diploma and 7 years’ experience in Manufacturing
• Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot technical issues in electro-mechanical systems using problem solving techniques and previous experience
• Proficiency to understand and interpret technical information
• Demonstrated ability to work well with limited direction and information and lead projects
• Demonstrated proficiency to interpret, instruct, and explain complex technical information
• Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Engineering or Technology related fields
• Demonstrated ability to work well with limited direction and information
• Demonstrated ongoing effort to maintain knowledge of current technology
• Ability to communicate using English
• Demonstrated technical leadership ability
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Wisconsin; Waukesha
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.