General Electric Lead Systems Service Engineer in Waukesha, Wisconsin
The Systems Service Engineer has design responsibility to deliver field engineering workflow, feature functionality, product quality, reliability, serviceability, manufacturability, regulatory, compliance, and cost. Activities include requirements development, design for serviceability, system design and analysis, FMEA, developing/executing system verification and validation test procedures, reliability testing and providing support to manufacturing and field issues.
• Primary responsibility will be in CT Systems Service development.
• Translation of FE/Field needs to CT Service requirements and procedures.
• Working with hardware and systems engineers on Design for Service
• Development of Field Procedures for Install, Hardware replacements and troubleshooting utilizing documentation and software service tools
• Support of Install Base issues and requests
• Project management of Service development activities
• Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or closely related discipline
• 4 years relevant work experience
• Proven ability to develop timely and effective solutions for challenging design problems
• Experience in Field Service for Medical Devices
• Demonstrated ability to pursue tasks to completion
• Broad exposure to HW/SW/Systems design, and technical depth in one or more engineering disciplines (Electrical, Mechanical, Biomedical, etc)
Masters degree in Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other closely related fields
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Self-starter, energizing, results oriented, and able to multi-task
Demonstrated problem solving ability and results orientation
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Wisconsin; Waukesha
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.