General Electric Lead Systems Engineer in Waukesha, Wisconsin
Job Description Summary
The Lead Systems Engineer works in close collaboration with the cross-functional engineers, clinical applications, scientists, customers, marketing team, and field teams to define and develop new product technologies to meet customer needs. This position has a high emphasis on driving significant design improvements in new product development and within the installed base.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
Work closely with the service and customer advocacy teams to coordinate the engineering response to issues raised on released products.
Work with the systems engineering team for any technical design reviews, technical discussions, investigation and retirement of technical risks as they arise during new product development and installed base programs.
Work closely with product definition, clinical and marketing teams to clearly understand customer needs. Develop effective system performance requirements from customer/user requirements. Responsible for system requirements flow down and allocation to the subsystem teams.
Work closely with customers, marketing, applications, chief engineers, principal engineers, service and field personnel to define product quality targets and ensure key CTQs are satisfied.
Define system acceptance criteria that will meet customer expectations. Drive quality evaluation of system features with complex designs; such as parallel transmit architecture, new integrated coils, and resonance module design changes.
Responsible for the identification of improvement areas to drive continuous improvement for efficiency and simplification to enable the system engineering team to more easily, effectively and consistently facilitate the execution of projects.
Work across functions and team boundaries to help define, design, and implement the next generation of MR products.
1) Master’s Degree with 3 years relevant work experience (or Ph.D. Degree) in Engineering or Life Sciences: Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Chemistry, Physics, or a closely related field
2) Strong understanding of MR physics and imaging/signal processing fundamentals
3) Proven ability to develop timely and effective solutions for challenging design problems
4) Effective communication skills - ability to present ideas clearly and concisely
5) Demonstrated ability to pursue tasks to completion
1) Ph.D. Degree in Engineering or Life Sciences: Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Chemistry, Physics, or a closely related field
2) Demonstrated record of innovation in technology development
3) Proficient in the use of software tools for analysis, modeling and simulations
4) Experience with modality specific device operation and troubleshooting issues
5) Excellent oral and written communication skills
6) Experience with research collaborations
7) Self-starter, energizing, results oriented, and able to multi-task
8) Demonstrated problem solving ability and results orientation
9) Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative, matrixed, and customer focused environment
10) Excellent communication, influencing skills and ability to gain buy-in for initiatives
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes