General Electric LCS Systems Design Engineer in Waukesha, Wisconsin
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
This role will support the implementation of LCS network products and their constituent components; antenna systems, transmitters, receivers, building infrastructure, etc. in the GE Healthcare Information Technologies product line.
This position's location is flexible within the East or Central U.S.
• Specify components and locations for critical medical device systems implementations. Includes RF antenna systems, network, power, user interface computer components and peripherals.
• Perform system analyses to the lowest cost implementation meeting the exacting standards of quality and performance.
• Perform system level and detailed design including the production of drawings, specifications, antenna sub-systems, network component configurations and all release documentation.
• Manage projects and sub-projects to meet cost, schedule and resource constraints including the development and estimation of those projects parameters.
Provide innovation for the improvement of current products and processes.
Quality Specific Goals:
• Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
• Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
• Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
• Track record of success and the background and credentials for designing and implementing products that are cost competitive and high in quality.
• Broad understanding of all components of Information Technology in the current marketplace, including workstations, servers, operating systems, software applications, data communications hardware and software.
• This includes, but is not limited to, the following: R/F antenna systems network operating systems, computer hardware and architecture, local area networks, wide area networks, metropolitan area networks, network and computer security, Internet server solutions, remote access solutions.
• Possess one or more BS degrees Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology, or Information Technology or 4 years of experience in biomedical product service.
• Obtain or hold Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or equivalent networking experience.
• R/F antenna system design experience
• Proven track record in LCS product installation.
• Minimum 2-year experience with LCS installation.
• Network infrastructure design and system integration knowledge is desired.
• Wireless system development is desired.
• Medical product development is desired.
• Subcontract management is desired.
• PC components and system integration knowledge is desired.
Locations: United States; Wisconsin