General Electric Electrical Engineer, Architect in Waukesha, Wisconsin
Job Description Summary
An Architect Electrical Engineer – Digital Electronics performs activities contributing to Digital/FPGA/HDL/SoC based designs and development of Imaging Detectors (CT, PET and X-RAY)..
This role will lead and participate in electrical engineering design execution for New Programs (NPI), cross-functional support to quality projects initiatives for Detector’s current products (IB), and Variable Cost Productivity (VCP) programs.
The candidate will work cross functionally with global engineering teams and interact with Sourcing, Manufacturing, Quality and Service teams to ensure the product quality goals set forth by the business.
Roles and Responsibilities
Duties include (but are not limited to):
• Design new products and/or support Installed Base of Digital (FPGAs, ADC, DAC, PLL, SoC etc.) electrical circuit boards and components
• Leads analytical and design activities using proven technologies and vested approaches and methods.
• Digital simulation and simulation test bench development.
• Development of VHDL code to support FPGA-based designs; be proficient in simulating and debugging designs
• Capture electrical design schematics using GEHC ECAD tool and oversee & approve PCB layout
• Working knowledge of PWA board bring-up and system integration experience
• Works independently and possesses a level of functional expertise necessary to influence and execute technical and project delivery execution
• Addressing any electrical design, obsolescence issues and needs from Supply Chain and Supplier Change Requests
• Write detailed functional specifications that document newly created designs and support product introduction
• Define and execute component design verification and reliability growth
• Work with customers and/or technical leadership to ensure that the technical deliverables are consistent with the goals of larger programs, projects or initiatives
• Engage in all phases of new product development, including concept, architecture, documentation, design, prototype, test, supplier interfaces, manufacturing introduction and service support
• Develop innovative designs to define and meet all requirements for performance, reliability, cost and manufacturability
• Participate in technical design reviews, risk assessments, FMEA etc.
• Work on cross-functional projects/teams to deliver technology solutions for the business
• Development and delivery of electrical prototypes, including coordination of prototypes to be provided by external suppliers
• Engaging in design transfer to manufacturing and service focused on test and repair strategies
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in electrical design or project engineering
• Independently lead new design architectures in Analog/Digital/Mixed Signal designs including component selection
• Schematic capture experience
• Circuit design and simulation tool experience
• Excellent teamwork, coordination and communication skills
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or technology field
• Experience with IEC60601-1 or a similar standard from a regulated industry
• Knowledge of UL/ETL/IEC standards and how they apply to designs
• Capability to generate innovative concepts
• EMC compatible design/solution experience
• Ability to meet aggressive reliability, performance, cost, serviceability, DFM and delivery targets
• Working knowledge of GEHC tools and processes EQPM, MyWorkshop, Cadence
• DFSS or Green Belt/Black Belt Certified (Six Sigma Design/Quality)
• Medical device design and support experience
• Working knowledge of ISO, FDA and other applicable medical device regulatory standards
• Familiarity with CT, PET, X-RAY and GEHC products
• Self-starter, energizing, results oriented, and able to multi-task
• Experienced in developing project plans and estimates
• Passion to excel technically and professionally
• Ability to work as part of a global cross-functional project team
• Problem solver and clear thinker when presented with conflicting requirements, business demands and technical risks/issues. Responsive and willing to take ownership of issues and drive solutions.