General Electric Project Documentation Manager in United Kingdom
Role Summary:GE Renewable Energy’s Offshore Wind business is growing rapidly, and is establishing a presence in the North East of England in support of Offshore Wind projects in the North Sea. We have a great opportunity to join our team, to be based in Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Responsible for project operations and programs support including standardization, quality management, document management, methods creation and maintenance, process improvement and tools for the project management function.
Essential Responsibilities:• Build and Maintain the main list/schedule of project documents (internal and contractual with customer).
• Manage the submission of project documents to the customer in compliance with the contract requirements, the project communication procedures and the project planning.
• Manage the archiving of the project documentation at the project close-out phase.
• Set up, update and administrate the project electronic documentation database.
• Train projects team members on project electronic documentation database and correspondence database
• Support the Quality Project Team for the supplier documentation management in coordination with the manufacturing quality team
• Set-up and manage the project dashboard and key performance indicators for documentation related issues in collaboration with others project team members (Project Office, Engineering, Supply Chain).
• Participate to the Return of Experience Process of the project.
Qualifications/Requirements:• 3 years minimum of experience in documentation management.
• 2 years minimum of experience in a project team.
• Good knowledge of documentation control principles (planning, creation, coding, distribution, filling, archiving).
• Good knowledge of media and communication tools (Documentation databases and MS office).
• Fluent in English.
• Team work.
• Customer focus.
• Autonomous and reliable.
• Anticipation and problem solving aptitude.
Desired Characteristics:Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to work independently. Strong problem solving skills.
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.comAdditional Locations:United Kingdom;Newcastle-Upon-Tyne;