General Electric Finance Analyst in China
A Finance Analyst is responsible for financial data analyzing and making recommendations to Finance and operating leaders to drive business performance. This position typically reports to the Finance Manager.
• Partner with business leader and staff to drive operating performance & act as champion for strategic initiatives within the organization
• Lead developing estimates, operating plans/forecasts/reviews, Growth Playbook (3-year Plan), SII (1-year Plan) for in-scope accounts
• Drive profitable growth in the region by providing analysis of results and identifying & tracking key metrics while advising the leadership team on risks and opportunities, as well as recommending actions
• Drive quarterly indirect ledger ties to work with FP&A to identify areas of leakage
• Contribute to improving efficiencies and performance as well as providing quality financial information. Actively participate with Operations Management to improve productivity.
• Develop and improve financial processes: Finance reporting tools, Management reporting tools, budgeting and estimating processes, standard Production Cost set ups and analyses, Capital Investment.
• Drive standard report digitalization and assist with management reporting (regional and segment P&L’s) and communicate results to managers.
• Drive consistent usage of COFE, GLA (report net), and Business Intelligence (B.I.) tools across GE Healthcare. Develop new reports for process improvements.
Quality Specific Goals:
Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration and minimum of 5 years of financial work experience or High School Diploma/GED and minimum of six years financial work experience including developing forecasts & operating plans and leading business / finance reviews
Strong analytic skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives and drive positive change
Clear thinking / problem solving: successfully led cross-functional projects/process improvement within operations/finance function; able to quickly grasp new ideas and identify financial risk from operation process.
Strong communication skills: experience working across multiple levels (including executive level), functions and regions; able to clearly communicate complex financial information in an easy to understand manner; able to deliver message effectively verbally and in writing
Solid PC skills: experience with financial systems/applications (i.e.: Oracle, SAP, Business Objects, etc.), strong Excel skills in data compilation and aggregation. Experience working on a data analytics tool developing project is a plus.
Fluency in English
Confidence / Assertiveness: possess influencing skills across business functions; confidence to approach business leaders with difficult messages and defend position; for example, work closely with business leaders to achieve business objectives
Experience working in global business environment with sound understanding of global process and transactional flows
Experience in a matrixed environment
Adaptable/flexible: being open to change (positive or negative) in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations
Integrity: Accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others
Understanding of financial compliance: SOX, GAAP
Trained and/or certified in process improvement methodology such as LEAN or Six Sigma
Graduate of GE's Financial Management Program (FMP); or graduate of other financial leadership programs
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Locations: China; ShangHai; Shanghai