General Electric Senior NPI Manager in Veresegyház, Hungary
Job Description Summary
We are looking for a agile and open minded Senior NPI Team Leader to work in our busy and rapidly growing GE Aerospace Hungary repair shop.
The successful candidate will lead the NPI Team on external and internal cross-functional initiatives driving portfolio change and drive continues development of existing practices striving for improvement in quality, TAT & cost.
We are undergoing considerable changes to the shop and present an opportunity for you to become involved and support and help drive these changes. We offer the opportunity to work within the Aviation Repair network working at a facility that has one of the largest portfolio of Aircraft Engine platforms in Europe.
Our facility is a worldwide leader in the repair of the composite and metallic components from a variety of Turbofan jet engine modules.
Our FAR145 Component Repair Station is providing overhaul services to multiple GE commercial engines lines, such as GE90, GEnx, LEAP, CFM, CF34, GP and Honda.
II. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Leading and managing of NPI Engineering group along with business related process relevant activities.
Ensure operation of NPI Engineering Team is supporting and in line with business metrics
Act as NPI Process Owner and be responsible for delivery of related metrics.
Overseeing sitewide Business and Quality Procedures, drive changes targeting their improvements and create them where does not exist. Act as owner and ensure they are followed.
Challenge on existing capabilities and repair methods searching for new solutions based on existing knowledge. Act as change manager ensuring Lessons learnt are being documented and accelerated, implemented, and recognized in metrics across organization.
Being part of a local manufacturing and a global engineering team, engaging relevant stakeholders, managing by exceptions and escalating in case if necessary
NPI Process performance monitoring:
Rework rate - Product First Time Yield, Delivery (TAT, OTD) and Cost metrics for implemented products until handover to production
Proactively applying LEAN principles and tools in everyday work.
Asking for help and sharing best practices
• Engineering/ technical degree (minimum Bachelor’s level) in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science,
• Well rounded experience in an engineering/technologist position,
• Ability to lead, develop and manage teams
• Project management experience
• Demonstrated ability to utilise 'Route Cause Corrective Action' (RCCA) to identify and analyze problems,
• Good understanding of LEAN principles and tools,
• Strong oral and written communication skills in both English and Hungarian
• Ability to lead initiatives of high scope and impact to business (local/external),
• Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
• Proven analytical and data visualization skills (scorecards, metrics development),
• Advanced use of MS Office tools such as Excel and Word.
• Prior experience in leading technical groups
• Experience in new product implementation (NPI) and/or quality engineering,
Relocation Assistance Provided: No