General Electric Lead Specialist 1 Operational EHS - Services and Projects in Various, India
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
EHS Manager – South Asia for GE Renewable Energy, Onshore wind
I• Support P&S Leader / Project Managers / Service Managers for all Project and Services related EHS issues, ensure Zero compliance issues, support in obtaining all permits/permissions as required on schedule & maintain the records.
• Develop and maintain EHS programs consistent with Frameworks and maintain Gensuite EHS tools
• Manage Injury & Illness cases, introduce and monitor programs for reduction of injury rate
• Ensure Zero Level B cases.
• Near Miss Reporting
• Develop an audit & inspection program, ensure audit findings identified and closed within business timeframe
• Conduct/organize EHS training for employees/ contractors and maintain web-based training management tool
• EHS material translation and communication with relevant employees to enhance EHS awareness and culture
• Responsible for waste management, include hazardous waste, Wastewater and/or air disposal, and contractor EHS performance management.
• Oversee the project operations during the Construction / Commissioning phase, establish construction project EHS rules, train the workers, to achieve excellent EHS performance.
• Oversee the Services operations during the Maintenance and / or Critical Activity phases, establish/monitor EHS rules, train the workers, to achieve excellent EHS performance.
• Maintain security processes to requirements
• Develop and implement proactive health initiatives
• Contact regulatory agencies as needed, support in conforming to Labor Laws.
• Work closely with EHS team in Asia region to share best practices as well as implement new ideas from Other Regions / Renewables and or Power Businesses.
• Proactively market and share EHS best practices with relevant Agencies / Customers and Suppliers.
• Bachelors in Engineering or above
• In addition to above, Certification in Environment, Health, Safety or other relevant Discipline
• At least 5-8 years EHS experience
• Must have good command of English, both oral and written
• Strong knowledge of local EHS legislation
• Good communication skills and teamwork
• Good computer skills
Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to influence others and lead small teams. Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact. Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously. Effective problem identification and solution skills. Proven analytical and organizational ability.
Locations: India; Bengaluru, Gurgaon