General Electric Site Manager - Construction & Commissioning in Various, Indonesia
Lead and manage the site organization and scope of site activities for the project in order to achieve successful completion of the site works as per contractual requirements within budget, on time, in scope and maintaining required levels of quality and EHS for the fulfilment of the Customers and GE expectations. To be based at Semarang SIte
• Mobilize the site and set up of site infrastructure
• Plan and set up vehicles, accommodation and other support for site staff
• Establish site regulations and rules of site operation
• Ensure compliance with local laws and regulations
• Select and hire local personnel as required
• Execute daily (if required), weekly and monthly comprehensive reports
• Set up a clear plan of communication with customer/partner, subcontractors
• Set up and update the site organization chart and the official working hours applicable for the site in compliance with local regulations
• Set up the site filing and document control system
• Strategically execute the site cost control program
• Strategically execute the GE EHS Policy and the site EHS plan
• Manage contractual scope of activities and supplies and avoid unnecessary scope creep
• Strategically manage the site schedule, progress of works and cost / resource drawdown
• Set up and strategically execute the site QA/QC plan
• Carry out both meritorious and disciplinary actions as prescribed by GE regulations
• Take necessary actions to maintain high site morale
• Conduct daily and weekly meetings with GE staff and subcontractors
• Control punch list closure – zero punch item target at COD
• Support the Site Quality Representative in establishing the Quality Management System at site
• Support resolution of quality issue jeopardizing site execution success
Managerial (Budget / Administration / People)
• The overall management and leadership of the GE site staff
• Developing a site safety culture during the site execution of the project
• Executing the project within the site portion of the construction budget
• Driving GE site team, subcontractors and Partner to achieve all major milestones within the site schedule
• Performance assessments of all site staff including contract staff and life-of-project staff
• Maintaining an intensive customer relationship and a high level of customer satisfaction
• Closeout of all site subcontracts with fair and proper allocation of costs, minimizing impact to GE
• Providing the focal point of contact for the project manager, customer, partner, subcontractor and local authorities
• Representation of GE to the customer and local authorities
• Conduct regular meetings, as may be required, with GE staff, subcontractors and Partners.
• Maintaining and enhancing the professional image and reputation of GE at all times
• Is responsible for ensuring compliance to the relevant laws in the country of operation, GE’s contractual obligations and standards and the effective implementation of the site EHS plan
Specific Functional/Technical authority (besides DoA)
• Has the ultimate authority on the site as prescribed by GE rules and regulations
• Is authorized to remove any person or object from site
• Is authorized to take urgent or emergency action to remedy sudden problems or discrepancies
• Has authority to communicate with the client and any local entity or authority in the execution of his tasks
• Is authorized to make expenditures according to GE rules and regulations
• Is authorized to carry out disciplinary actions on site according to GE rules and regulations
• Is authorized to carry out appraisals and assessments of site staff
• Has direct and overall responsibility, authority and accountability for EHS matters on site
University degree in an engineering discipline or an engineering college degree.
At least 5 years in Construction & Comissioning Function
At least 5 years of experience in a management function or an education and experience assessed to be equivalent to the above.
Fluent in English
Good knowledge in quality control.
Good knowledge of the processes in engineering and its interfaces, particularly procurement processes and construction processes.
General knowledge of the power plant
Good and wide practical experience.
Leadership and assertiveness.
Able to motivate people and create team spirit, good coaching skills
Willing to travel
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Locations: Indonesia, Malaysia; Semarang, Malacca