General Electric Senior Specialist - Contract Management in Various, Indonesia
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Contract Management, working under the operational direction of either the GE Power Executive CM Leader and the Regional GPS OTR Leader has responsibility for assisting the relevant business and project commercial operations, sales and project teams on contractual and commercial matters relating to negotiation, administration and execution of projects and of the various contractual relationships related thereto including towards the customer, consortium or collaborative partners and vendors.
• Reviewing and redlining draft contract documents, sub-contracts, consortium agreements, pre-bid and confidentiality/NDA agreements etc for purposes of accuracy, clarity and consistency. Particular focus shall be given to reviewing description and boundaries of scope of works, terms and processes relating to payment, change order / variations, claim management, bonds, insurances, extensions of time to schedule.
• Understanding and recommending to sales team how contractual and commercial risks are dealt with in the interest of GE. Inputting to sales, commercial and risk databases.
• Advising the ITO negotiating teams on “the best approach as to how to deal with contractual, commercial and execution risks including lessons learned” from previous or similar projects.
• Ensuring that all documents forming the Project contract are collated together in a composite and structured way, that they accurately reflect the agreement reached, correctly inter-relate to enable the contract to be executable.
• Answering queries and questions on terms and conditions whether from GE business teams or support functions or assisting ITO Commercial Operations and Sales teams in answering queries from customers, vendors, external project partners etc. From [D2] support the project execution start-up, including provision of a contract analysis to the project team and preparation of the Project Commercial Execution Plan.
• Responsibility for management and administration of all project contractual activities from Hand Over from Sales [D4] until all relevant contractual obligations are complete and all relevant contractual issues are resolved / settled.
• To regularly travel to (and where required by the business Contract and Project management to be based at) the relevant project site.
• Identification of customer / consortium partner and any third-party obligations and the implementation of the Project Commercial Execution Plan and Contract Commercial Plan, including the Project claim management strategy. Ensuring that project filing systems, risk, events and claim registers are established, that contemporaneous records are correctly maintained and that contractual notifications and correspondences are issued correctly and on time.
• Supporting the analysis and identification of project risks and opportunities including any potential impediments to, or possibilities to improve cash flow and margin wherever possible.
• Managing contractual and commercial procedures such as change orders/variations, as well as claims to customers, consortium partners, subcontractors and suppliers and the co-ordination of the defence to any claims from such parties.
• Managing relevant procedures relating to Project Insurances, including the compilation of data and evidence in support of the submission, monitoring and settlement of insurance claims in accordance with the Project insurance policies.
• Providing guidance and support to the Project team on general contractual issues and where necessary referring to specialist functions such as legal, corporate insurance, tax, finance etc.
• Providing guidance, leadership and support to the Project team in the negotiation of claims settlements with customers, consortium partners and suppliers and providing support as required to the project and legal teams in the event of actual or potential arbitral or litigation proceedings.
• Undertaking any other contractual/commercial tasks as instructed/requested by PM/Director and or Contract Management function.
• Ensure commercial reporting on the project on matters including claims, risks, change orders, cash-flow is up to date and accurate.
• Guide and/or supervise Lead Specialist and Specialist Contract Management professionals working on the Project team as may be required.
• Help the continued development of the CM discipline by leading and participating in broader initiatives across the function.
• University Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Business Administration or Law or related field from an accredited university.
• 10 years’ or more, experience in a contracts administration/contract management discipline in an international contracting environment, preferably in the Power/Energy or Oil and Gas industry and in large-scaled and complex Turnkey/EPC and Consortium structured contracts.
• Solid understanding of contract law principles, relevant technical, financial, cost & project risk management principles.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience relating to delay analysis techniques and methodologies, calculating and analyzing productivity losses, ability to interpret construction contracts, drawings and specifications.
• Excellent communication and analytical skills.
• Good track record of conducting negotiations at higher management level.
• Ability to demonstrate good people leadership, influencing and management skills including the ability to work independently and communicate effectively within and across all levels of project functional groups of diverse nationalities.
• Accomplished computer skills particularly in utilizing MS-Windows and Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), project management software, Primavera P6 and/or other equivalent construction industry related software.
• Fluency in written and spoken English.
• Understanding of Contract Law
• Technical understanding
• Experience of high level negotiations
• Strong communication skills
• Influencing skills
• Intercultural skills
• Analytical skills
• Understanding of project risk management
• Fluency in written and spoken English
• Reasonable understanding and spoken Bahasa Indonesia
Locations: Indonesia; Jakarta, Malaysia