General Electric Project Manager – Environmental Control System in Various, Finland
The Project Manager – Environmental Control Systems will manage standard and complex Conversion, Upgrade and Modification (CM&U) projects of any air emission control technologies through the project execution phase. This position will report to Power Services North Europe Project Director
Serve as the GE representative and focal point for the customer on the project, owning the customer relationship for the duration of the project, and driving customer issue resolution.
Own project execution, including coordination of engineering, procurement, shipping logistics, field execution of outage scope and performance demonstration.
Provide Project Leadership, effectively managing and facilitating cross-functional GE teams to ensure on time delivery, contract deliverables fulfilment, and margin attainment/ enhancement.
Understand, Own and implement Contract Terms & Conditions.
Manage project financials: sales, cost, margin, invoicing, receivables and change orders.
Drive project schedule; work with Project Scheduler on schedule creation and management.
Actively identify, manage, and reduce project risks throughout the project lifecycle.
Actively participate in process initiatives and project reviews to drive risk mitigation, best practices/ lessons learned, and project execution excellence.
Work closely with GE region teams to drive high fulfillment and portfolio growth.
• Technical competency in Environmental Control Systems Technology. Experience in Boiler Technologies is an advantage.
• Experience from Customer facing project Management.
• PMP Certification, Project Management Leadership Program (PMLP) Graduate, or other Project Management training
• Fluent in written & spoken English and Finnish. Being able to communicate in Swedish is an advantage
• Engineering Bachelor's Degree from an accredited College or University
• Eligibility Requirements: Ability and willingness to travel within mainly the Nordics and North Europe(20%)
• Skilled at leading in a matrix organization; capable of influencing and leading cross functional team members despite limited authority.
• Skilled Communicator; professional and tactful in oral and written communications with multiple GE functions/levels and with the Customer; applies good judgment on frequency and detail of communication.
• Excellent planning skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to effectively switch-task and manage multiple projects at the same time.
• Ability to set realistic objectives, accurately appraise situations, detect risks and issues, and collaborate with GE internal teams and customer to find win-win solutions when issues arise
• Experience with interpreting or applying Contract terms & conditions and binding agreements
• Understanding of financial processes, revenue recognition, costs, margin, and quarterly forecasting
• Strong experience in either field engineering, commercial, engineering, sourcing, repair, power plant operation and maintenance or other adjacent role with Gas Turbine, Steam Turbine or Generators
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Locations: Finland; Tampere, Helsinki