General Electric Supply Quality Engineer - Fabrication in Various, China
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
• Provide leadership to drive growth in business cooperation between GE Renewable & China supplier base.
• Be the technical focal point for supplier activities directed toward process control and quality assurance of GE Renewable. Establish a structured approach for consistency and adherence to quality procedures and requirements.
• Provide technical guidance to suppliers to assure product / process compliance with engineering drawings and specifications and frozen Manufacturing Process Plans (MPP).
• Lead and work closely with various divisions of GE Renewable for First Piece Qualification (FPQ), Conduct regular quality Surveillance, including process and product audit and capacity audits.
• Perform Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Corrective Actions (CA) for the quality issues and drive the supplier improvements through CA and preventive actions
• Drive continuous improvements of supplier’s quality, cycle reduction and delivery performance through Six Sigma.
• Work closely with GE Renewable Sourcing, Manufacturing, and Engineering to eliminate roadblocks and communication barriers that may affect quality and delivery requirements.
• Aid in supplier approval process – manufacturing, technology, and Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) risk analysis and commodity assessment
• Able to define the capacity bottlenecks and find out the effective recovery solutions.
• Track and work on Request for Quotation (RFQ) to support new business opportunities.
• Other duties and assignments in supplier management and project management.
• BS/MS Material/Mechanical Degree. 5+ years hands-on experience in supplier development – practical manufacturing (shop floor) exposure.
• Prefer to work for fabrication components with good project management knowledge and experience.
• Supplier quality management or supplier technical development experience highly valued
• Working experience with wind industry, especially in wind tower preferred. Familiar with ISO9001 or AS9100.
• Knowledge, experience and strong analytical and problem-solving skills in welding, NDT, coating, machining and inspection are required.
• Familiar with the QMS requirement with the strong audit skills in the product, process and NDT
• Ability to work in cross-functional, global team environment with good teamwork spirit.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with different levels of people.
• High sense of responsibility with result oriented and proactive response attitude
• Passion for excellence in high integrity, commitment to the quality, fluent in oral and written English
Locations: China; JiangSu, ShangHai; JiangSu