General Electric Lead Engineer - Technical Application Engineering in Unspecified, Bangladesh
Job Description Summary
Good Knowledge in Power System Protection and Numerical Relays in general. Lead business development in activities in promoting GA Products and Systems in Bangladesh. Driving and getting Product approvals and spec-in with various customers. Able to identify and understand the customer requirement and position & propose the solution accordingly. Providing technical support for Grid Automation Products and System to customers. Has the experience and expertise in resolving technical problems.
Essential Responsibilities :
· Implement business development action plans with a focus on the growth of Grid Automation business in Bangladesh (Transmission,
Generation, Distribution & Industrial customers)
. Undertake Product Homologation and product approvals for various customers in Bangladesh (Transmission, Generation, Distribution & Industries)
· Develop action plans with guidance to respond to issues, approvals of new solutions and increasing market share with existing products
· Recommend, with guidance, the approach to meet the technical and program requirements
· Present to customers (internal/external/channels) on new offerings and developments
· Preparing Spec-in documents (customer specifics, projects specific) and driving spec-in activity with the customer
· Provide feedback on products gaps and features needed in the GE offering to exceed market expectations
· Build Customer relationships focus on technical aspects to promote market growth
· Provide technical co-ordination between Central Product Line, Regional Sales, Tendering and Application teams with Channel Partners and Customers in area of
· Supporting & ensuring smooth Sales activity (pre & post) clearing Field & system Integration Issues
· Preparing technical comparative document studying various products
. Undertake Protection Applications Training & Technical Presentations
· Bachelor's degree in Electrical and Electronics engineering or Electronics Engineering from an accredited university or college
· At least 6 additional years of experience in Application / Engineering / Commissioning of Grid Automation Products and Systems
· Essential experience, knowledge and demonstrated practical skills in HV (or MV) Substation Protection and Automation Systems and Communication protocols across all aspects of Design, Configuration, Testing and Commissioning.
· Preferable to have Knowledge on IEC61850 (Station and Process Bus), Legacy Communication Protocol Substation Digital Control Systems and ability to communicate clearly on these topics across a wide diverse Customer
Desired Characteristics :
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
· Demonstrated ability to lead strategic programs.
· Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
. Effective problem identification and solving skills
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes