General Electric Manifold Design Engineer in Trondheim, Norway
Role Summary:The Manifold Design Engineer will be an integral part of the Manifold Systems team that is technical responsible for defining, developing and delivering concepts and solutions for subsea modules and foundation structures to FEED studies, NPI programs, tenders and projects.
Essential Responsibilities:• Develop models and drawings of concepts for modules within manifold systems, such as manifold modules, CDUs, PLEMs, pigging modules, choke modules etc.
• Create parts, assemblies and drawings with ProEngineer/Creo CAD software
• Work with other Design Engineers and Lead Engineers to develop design concepts
• Participate in multidiscipline design reviews
• Continuously search for new innovative technical solutions to improve products, systems and processes
• Consider safety, quality, cost, manufacturability and subsea operability in designs
Qualifications/Requirements:• Some experience within the subsea industry or similar
• BSc or MSc in Mechanical Engineering or Technical Institute with experience in mechanics from subsea/oil & gas industry
• English fluent verbal and written
• Experienced in standard office tools like Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
• Positive attitude and ability to absorb learnings fast
Desired Characteristics:• Experience in design of subsea modules
• Experience from fabrication and testing of subsea modules
• Ability to rapidly and effectively develop and present concepts for comparative evaluation and selection, based on domain expertise and subsea product and system experience
• Knowledge to materials, welding and manufacturing processes and capabilities and assembly processes
• Good knowledge of ProEngineer/Creo or other 3D CAD systems
• Computer proficiency and strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
• Highly proactive and results oriented
• Self-motivated and ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Familiar with relevant standards (NORSOK, ISO, ASME, API, etc.) and design requirements for subsea products
• Strong oral and written communication skills
About Us:Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.Additional Locations:Norway;Trondheim;