General Electric Mechanical Design Engineer in Trevose, Pennsylvania
The Mechanical Design Engineer produces creative design solutions that meet functional and business requirements. In the role of Mechanical Design Engineer, you will work with engineering, supply chain and other cross-functional teams to deliver complex designs in a fast-paced environment, iterating on designs as needed and owning the CAD geometry through the full design and manufacturing life cycle.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will use their engineering design expertise and creativity to develop and implement designs for Additive Manufacturing processes.
Additive Manufacturing allows for brand new ways to design for improved performance, shortened lead time, and new functionalities. Designing for these new methods requires new engineering skills for design and simulation of parts, including topology optimization, systems thinking, analysis, material selections, as well as design for additive processes. The Mechanical Design Engineer will build upon current engineering skills in the areas of additive manufacturing to fully capture the value and apply it to industrial product lines.
In addition, as the Mechanical Design Engineer, you will:
• Create design definition through 3D modeling including tolerance stack-ups to support analysis, manufacturing, assembly, quality and inspection within expected cost, quality and schedule.
• Work with engineering and supply chain partners to determine dimensional constraints and geometric tolerances required for proper clearances and fits while maximizing manufacturing producibility
• Ensure all interfaces between components are established and agreed upon by Engineering design teams of mating parts and engine systems
• Build expertise in applicable areas of additive manufacturing, staying current with industrial developments.
• Concurrently manage multiple projects to ensure program cost, quality and schedule requirements are met
• Actively participate in short and long-term team, section and/or business goals focused on continuous improvement and simplification
• Utilize Lean Six Sigma principles to drive improvements to current business products and processes
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of drafting experience)
• Aptitude in design, drafting or CAD systems
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, proven leadership skills and a positive energy
• Expertise in computer aided design (CAD), preferably in Siemens NX
• Proven understanding of computer aided manufacturing (CAM) and manufacturing processes
Expert understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing as it relates to individual parts and overall assemblies (ANSI Y14.5)
• Effective problem identification and solution skills
• Additive design or manufacturing experience a plus, but not required
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Pennsylvania; Erie, Grove City, Western Pennsylvania
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.