General Electric Warehouse and Inventory Leader in Tianjin, China
We are the doers. The leaders. The makers. The change-bringers. We are all different, uniting to solve the world’s toughest challenges. Our teams are hungry to make history, acting with integrity to relentlessly improve people’s lives. With every weld, every sale, and every code we write we keep the world in motion. It’s time to stop dreaming about the future; let’s build it together.
Performs tasks related to receiving, warehousing and releasing materials into production. Fully proficient warehousing and inventory professional, contributes to projects and initiatives, influences at the site level and determines and executes to operational standards and processes within their defined area of responsibility.
Essential Responsibilities :
Key responsibilities include:
• Receive, classify, and stock incoming goods. This includes ERP updating, managing stocking conditions, and knowing what is where.
• Expected to resolve problems through the application of acquired expertise guided by precedent.
• Works together with people from the business unit.
• Contacts are under guidance and/or geared towards specifying activities, planning of activities and giving explanations on technical issues.
• Communicates with direct team and supervisor.
• Presents to internal teams on metrics, project status and research.
• Drive warehousing optimization/Lean projects
• Develop, coach and lead consolidation team, setting measurable goals and objectives to evaluate success
• Monitoring and improving productivity, while ensuring all customer commitments are met in a timely, quality and cost-conscious manner
• Developing and creating training plans to maximize workforce capability
• Leading Compliance, as well as Environmental, Health & Safety efforts in support of plant goals
Bachelor’s Degree or 5 years of work experience in logistics, material management, warehousing, or supply chain management
3 yeas of experience working in logistics, materials management, warehousing and distribution, or supply chain management.
Proficient in Microsoft Office, i.e. Excel, Power Point, and Word.
Desired Characteristics :
Oracle knowledge and experience
Six Sigma Green Belt
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
Ability to work independently.
Strong problem solving skills.
OMLP graduate preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications :
Relocation Assistance Provided: No