General Electric Senior Engineer, Supplier Quality Capex in Tianjin, China
We are the doers. The leaders. The makers. The change-bringers. We are all different, uniting to solve the world’s toughest challenges. Our teams are hungry to make history, acting with integrity to relentlessly improve people’s lives. With every weld, every sale, and every code we write we keep the world in motion. It’s time to stop dreaming about the future; let’s build it together.
• Lead and Manage the CAPEX (Equipment) Qualifications and supplier development activities as per sourcing strategy.
Minimize disruption and failures in supply chain.
Essential Responsibilities :
External • Quality Contact at Suppliers
• Continuous Improvement Contact at Suppliers To have alignment with Supplier on LM requirements
Internal • CAPEX Director – Sourcing
• CAPEX Manager – Sourcing To have alignment on Sourcing Strategy
Internal • Global Equipment Engineering(GEE) To get a guidance from GEE while handling the Non-conformities & qualifications of CAPEX
Internal • Manager, QMS To prepare and develop the process to handle qualification and non- conformity of CAPEX equipment’s.
Internal • Global HSE To get guidance from HSE related to safety aspects to be considered during qualification of CAPEX items
Internal • Plant Production Engineering Manager
• Plant Maintenance Manager To align on the qualification requirements
Audit & Development • Perform Qualification audit, Surveillance audit, Quality incident audit.
• Perform Supplier Assessment
• Setting up supplier assessment improvement action plans
• Development of Suppliers with Low scores in line with sourcing strategy Full 100% compliance to Audit plan
• Negotiate & Sign Supplier Quality Agreement with Supplier.
• Perform onsite FAI as part of qualifications
• Participate in the Factory Acceptance Test (FAT)/ Site Acceptance Test (SAT) during Qualifications.
• Conduct the regular meeting with supplier to review the performance. Full Achieve total time to pass as per yearly objective
Non-conformity handling • Handle non-conformities related to CAPEX Globally in corporation with CAPEX Sourcing .
• Follow up on Corrective Action Reports (8D) for non-conformities closure Full Closure of raised Non-conformities within the timeline as per yearly objective
Data Management • Ensure Good data management of Audit reports , Non conformities , Development Plans, Improvement Plans, Best Practices related to CAPEX Full Turnaround time to retrieve data or record as per agreed time line
Training • Train Suppliers on LM Requirements, Qualification Process
• Train Supplier on 8D methodology
• Train supplier to ensure defined standards are properly managed Full Number of training conducted
CAPEX Supplier Quality System • Build and maintain the CAPEX Supplier Management system.
• Participate in System audits Partly Number of deviations in audits
Education • BS or MS in engineering (mechanical, manufacturing, metallurgy & Material Science) field. Those without BS or MS but with vast related experience could be considered.
External Experience • Total 8 years of Project and equipment manufacturing, including significant experience in Supplier Quality & Development preferably from Wind Industry.
Certifications • Lead Auditor ISO 9001
• Project Management certification will be an added advantage
Internal LM trainings/qualifications • Blade manufacturing
• Equipment’s used for blade manufacturing
• LM Quality Management System
• FAT/SAT procedure of LM
Knowledge and Skills • Knowledge of manufacturing (includes fabrications, machining, coating and welding, electrical equipment’s), raw material processes and Non-Destructive testing, Metal structures, machines and equipment’s.
• Practical hands-on experience in Quality System Audit processes
• Good people skills, presentation skills and ability to train
• Possess good PC skills including knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
• Skill in reading and understanding drawings, high knowledge on GD & T.
• Good Project Management skills.
• Knowledge of PDCA, SPC, 8D, Poke Yoke, PPAP and FMEA methodologies.
• Willingness to take responsibility and drive the solution of complex problems.
• Must be a team player capable of integrating and work well in a cross functional team.
• Results driven, with analytical and numeric skills. Ability to work under deadlines.
• Experience in dealing with International Customers / Customs, Excellent command of the English language both written and verbal.
• Knowledge in working with and building quality systems for projects and equipment deliveries. X
Desired Characteristics :
Additional Eligibility Qualifications :
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes