General Electric Lead Sourcing Specialist - Supplier Quality Inspection in Tianjin, China
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
• Manage supplier activities to ensure the quality of assigned Commodity components.
• Be the technical focal point to coordinate Sourcing, Design & Materials Management functions while interfacing with suppliers.
• Drive consistency and adherence to quality procedures and specification requirements
• Two-in Team with Sourcing / One Face at supplier all along projects execution / Internal interfaces with Inspector, Expeditor, Procurement Specialist, Engineering, and Industrialization...
Supplier Approval – Supplier Selection
• Request Eligibility doc (MMR) to supplier in line with compliance rules.
• Manage supplier qualifications as required assuring that assigned suppliers have capability and processes to deliver high quality product.
• Drive Compliance/Maturity audits (EHS, Manufacturing process, Inspection process) to assure that Suppliers have effective process control, rigorous product acceptance standards, and robust quality systems
Supplier Qualification – Product Qualification
• Review MPP/ Control plan provided by supplier for each specific project (approve by who)
• Perform Risk Analysis (Supplier/Product) & propose mitigation plan (expediting, inspection, supervisor ….)
• Provide technical guidance to suppliers to assure product/process compliance with engineering drawings and specifications.
• Supervise Manufacturing according to MPP (Q record on time; Quality data book follow up; complete Manufacturing process control report)
• Review preliminary documents and built the product quality data book. Prepare product quality documents focus on customer requirement
Supplier Continuous Improvement
• Drive continuous improvement of supplier's quality, cycle, and delivery performance
• Manage supplier non-conformance and Deviation activities; identify and drive process improvement, root cause analysis, and corrective action implementation
• Support Sourcing Quality and cost out initiatives
• Lead cross functional initiatives to improve part quality
• Manage Low Performer (on regular basis) link to NCR, Audit results, Planning, Manufacturing issues ….
• Be involved into claim management process (ensure that all data needed for claim are available and relevant to launch recovery program)
• Engineering’s Degree in Machine (or equivalent experience/knowledge)
• Well known about NDT/WPS are preferred.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in similar Commodity Activity
• Fluent English.
• Experience in quality and manufacturing or engineering.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Problem solving skills / Six sigma trained and certified or equivalent quality certification.
Locations: China; TianJin; Tianjin