General Electric Field Specialist II - SDS in Texas
The Field Specialist II – SDS is responsible for safely maintaining and repairing all BHGE hydraulic equipment associated with the subsea well control system and riser at rig level. You will be responsible for working offshore operating and servicing customer equipment, including but not limited to BOPs, Annulars, Risers, Connectors and Diverters.
In addition, you will:
• Be responsible for safely completing all assigned jobs per the detailed planning packages and schedule order
• Provide general technical assistance to the Lead Field Service Engineer (FSE) in the operation, maintenance, repair, logistic support, and installation of BHGE products
• Assist Lead Field Service Engineer in scheduling maintenance & workload, assure that equipment & parts meet established schedules
• Provide on-site interpretation of data and technical instruction
• Be responsible for executing unplanned maintenance activities (rig down) as directed by the Lead FSE
• Obtain, interpret, & communicate significant market intelligence & sales opportunities for both assigned programs & support
• Review reported malfunctions and identify / analyze any undesirable trends & make recommendations on findings
• Conduct visual and dimensional inspection of equipment consistent with industry requirements / standards / methods
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university (OR a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in a technical field service role)
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in a technical field service role
• Ability and willingness to travel internationally, work a set rotation on offshore installations on short notice
• Ability and willingness to work overtime, weekends and holidays, as required
• Ability and willingness to work in a hands-on environment and able to lift up to 50 pounds
• Ability and willingness to work in a environment that may require constant pushing, pulling, lifting, stretching, bending and other physical activities
• Familiar with Well Control BOP equipment
• Capable to read Hydraulic schematics
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Proven analytical and quality improvement ability
• Able to interface at all levels of the organization both internally and externally
• Ability to create accurate reports and associated documents
• Strong team working skills
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Texas; Houston
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.