General Electric Data Scientist in Szeged, Hungary
The Data Scientist will work in teams addressing statistical, machine learning and data understanding problems in a commercial technology and consultancy development environment. In this role, they will contribute to the development and deployment of modern machine learning, operational research, semantic analysis, and statistical methods for finding structure in large data sets.
The Data Scientist will be part of a data science or cross-disciplinary team on commercially-facing development projects, typically involving large, complex data sets. These teams typically include statisticians, computer scientists, software developers, engineers, product managers, and end users, working in concert with partners in GE Healthcare business units.
Potential application areas include healthcare diagnostics, risk assessment, and operations optimization. Develop analytics within well-defined projects to address customer needs and opportunities. Work alongside software developers and software engineers to translate algorithms into commercially viable products and services. Work in technical teams in development, deployment, and application of applied analytics, predictive analytics, and prescriptive analytics. Perform exploratory and targeted data analyses using descriptive statistics and other methods. Work with data engineers on data quality assessment, data cleansing and data analytics. Generate reports, annotated code, and other projects artifacts to document, archive, and communicate the work and outcomes. Share and discuss findings with team members.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a “STEM” major (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics)
• Some experience in analytics development in a commercial setting
• Demonstrated skill in the use of one or more analytic software tools or languages (e.g., Python)
• Demonstrated skill at data cleansing, data quality assessment, and using analytics for data assessment
• Demonstrated skill in the use of applied analytics, descriptive statistics, and predictive analytics on industrial datasets
• Demonstrated skill in deep learning technologies, methodologies and tools (e.g. Keras, TensorFlow,R)
• Collaborative with great communication skills.
• Demonstrated awareness of data management methods
• Demonstrated awareness of feature extraction and real-time analytics methods
• Demonstrated awareness of analytic prototyping, analytic scale-up, analytic scaling, and solutions integration
• Experienced with medical imaging modalities and systems.
• Understanding of medical standards (DICOM, HL7)
• Experienced in imaging analytics and post-processing.
• Easily communicates in English and communication in Hungarian is also preferred.
• Strong verbal, presentation and written communication skills
• Problem solving skills, ability to dive deep and decompose problems to find the root cause
• Passionate to enhance technical, medical and team working skills
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Locations: Hungary; Szeged, Budapest