General Electric EHS Engineer in Suzhou, China
Role Summary:The EHS Engineer will be responsible for defined work or projects with moderate complexity. In this role you will follow an individual work plan, meet day-to-day short-term objectives, and have the ability to resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
Essential Responsibilities:The Environmental Engineer will be responsible for defined work or projects with moderate complexity. In this role you will follow an individual work plan, meet day-to-day short-term objectives, and have the ability to resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of existing and proposed regulations
- Modify and implement compliance tracking programs and record keeping systems.
- Assist in the development of education programs related to specific disciplines.
- Provide and determine alternatives for issue resolution.
- Utilize six Sigma rigors to evaluate chemical and treatment costs and develop pro-active strategies to minimize hazardous waste and treatment costs, while ensuring treatment efficiency for compliance.
- Interface with production operations to review impact of chemical cleaning line chemical changes, with respect to EHS issues (disposal, treatment, exposure).
- Assist in the design and implementation of change management procedures, to ensure production changes impact to EHS issues are pro-actively identified and addressed prior to implementation.
- Ensure compliance with spill prevention rules and regulations.
- Review regulations and collect data as required to ensure air emissions and permitting requirements are addressed.
- Perform audit checks on operators with respect to hazardous waste handling, labeling, disposal, manifesting to ensure compliance.
- Comply with company policy and process including but not limit in compliance, quality, production, EHS, HR & Admin, lean, etc.
- Other task assigned by organizational or functional supervisor(s).
- B.S. industrial safety, environmental engineering or equivalent.
- Over 3-year industrial EHS experience.
- Team work with different functions.
- EIA, HIA, SIA (Environment, Health and Safety Impact Assessment).
- SO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
- High Risk Operations Control.
Desired Characteristics:- Demonstrated good growth value in external focus, clear thinker, imagination, inclusive and expertise.
Demonstrated good problem solving, communication, presentation, team work, and leadership skills. 6-sigma green belt is preferred.
Demonstrated pro-active attitude and passion/energizing in work
Good Microsoft office tools, such as PowerPoint, excel, word, and etc.
Good oral and written English
About Us:At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.Additional Locations:China;JiangSu;Suzhou;