General Electric Electronic Engineer in Stavanger, Norway
The Electronic Engineer will be involved in development of system requirements, system specifications, system designs including electrical/electronic hardware, system integration and testing for hardware and embedded software to demonstrate system conformance for electrical actuators and subsea control systems. She/he reports functionally to the Engineering Leader.
In general, the Electronics Engineer will be involved in all phases from early phase customer discussions through to development, delivery projects and aftermarket. Focus will mainly be on Electronics for subsea Electrical actuators and control system, but other tasks within the subsea controls domain can also be relevant.
• Execute and drive the given engineering tasks to completion (Independently or part of a team)
• Sanity check on agreed scope of work, budget, schedule and cost allocation before startup of task
• Estimate and control duration, budget and schedule for assigned tasks, be accountable for delivery
• Identify changes, opportunities and cost savings for tasks assigned
• Highlight issues and/or bottlenecks to Project manager on a timely manner to allow for recovery
• Suggest and develop recovery plans when needed, in cooperation with project manager
• Identify, log and highlight operational and technical risk in projects
• Ensure Electronics component and system designs have appropriate analytics, empirical design/testing, and production level verification
• Develop qualification/test programs for products and ability to set-up and execute prescribed tests
• Implement circuit card designs that interface to firmware, hardware and software
• Interpretation of clients standards and global practices, implement on assigned work
• Create/Review/Approval of engineering Parts/Documents/Procedures/Study Reports/ Design/Requirement as per guidelines and authorization
• Identify customers requirement (technical / products problems, execution issues) and bring effective solutions
• Provide support to Onshore and Offshore operations
• Evaluate consequences, manage risk and make own decisions based on knowledge and experience for projects
• Genuine interest in Electronics and microcontrollers
• University Degree within Electronics, Cybernetics or Electronics and Telecommunication. Equivalent degree with the required qualification can be also considered
• Embedded software development on AVR, ARM and DSP microcontrollers
• Working knowledge and experience of PCB design:
o low & extremally low voltage
o analogue & digital circuits (including microcontrollers)
o typical automation solution (based on PLCs)
• Ability to read PCB & Electrical schematics
• Familiarity with the design tools like AutoCAD, Altium Designer, Spice or equivalents
• English fluent verbal and written. Norwegian or other Nordic languages are an advantage
• Proven years of relevant experience
• Knowledge of CAN Modbus, ethernet protocols
• Experience with motor control (Brushless DC Motors, servos etc)
• Experience of manufacturing/test and automatic testing of equipment desirable.
• Experience producing circuit diagrams, test procedures or automatic test scripts.
• Strong technical attitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to analyse and resolve problems
• Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield
products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and
experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a
smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the
company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying
breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse
over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter target=”_blank”>@BHGECo at http://www.twitter.com/BHGECo