General Electric Material Planning and Execution Manager in Stafford, United Kingdom
Job Description Summary
Drive Material and Production Planning to maximise On time delivery to Customers, Capacity Utilisation of shop floor and at the same time minimise the Raw material inventory and the cost of procurement. Lead and motivate a team of buyers and planners to achieve the above said business objectives
Roles and Responsibilities
· Drive Master Planning and Scheduling process in alignment with the Contracts and Production team and decide on the lead times and capacity requirement. Ensure operational alignment with Customer Delivery Requirement and business KPIs.
· Drive Material planning process in SAP system based on S&OP and historical data. Manage the forecasting process to various suppliers and manage their delivery performance.
· Establish various procurement / stocking strategy for various class of materials based on value and lead time. Optimize inventory and minimise the Excess and Obsolete stocks
· Maximise capacity utilisation by effective scheduling process
· Coordinate with Sourcing to establish supply chain to new products that are industrialised in the unit.
· Coordinate with Sourcing to minimise delivery issues with suppliers and the cost of procurement
· Lead a team of buyers and planners, which includes staffing and performance development.
· Drive process improvements through application of Lean methodology and various Lean tools
· Has extensive working experience in an ERP based Material Planning process and managing suppliers
· Has relevant experience of leading a Material planning / Procurement / Production Planning team
· Has experience of driving /participating in MPS process and S&OP process
· Has experience of classifying materials and deriving the procurement / stocking strategy
· Good People Leadership skills and communication skills
· Good application knowledge of Lean methodology and various Lean tools
· Good application knowledge of problem solving tools for example Six Sigma Green Belt
· Good team working and ability to understand and support business requirements
Relevant Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Relocation Assistance Provided: No