General Electric High Voltage Switchgear Field Service Engineer in Stafford, United Kingdom
Job Description Summary
All resources, and logistics required to perform services and maintenance activities on customers' site/property. These activities contribute to, maintain, repair and refurbish sold or existing products. Includes all types of maintenance service (preventive and remedial), manage maintenance facilities and field services engineering. Accountable for the quality of own work. Subject to direct operations supervision/prescribed work instructions/systems checking. Executes within a well-defined operations framework. There is generally a step by step sequence of standard operational tasks which need to be followed to achieve an end result.
Requirements and desired characteristics:
· Experience in the installation, repair, commissioning and maintenance of HV Switchgear both AIS and GIS
· Knowledge of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations and a good understanding of
the roles and duties of the Principal Contractor and Contractor
· Site Construction experience in a position of leadership (Foreman/Charge hand)
· Be comfortable working at heights and confined spaces.
· Possess a strong commitment and enthusiasm to the role.
· Have a confident personality with good verbal and written communication skills.
· Be highly self-motivated, be able to work in a small team and independently.
· Have good problem-solving abilities.
· Experience of common Microsoft packages and good IT skills.
· High degree of flexibility, extremely motivated with the ability to confidently work under pressure.
· Be happy working away from home and travelling UK wide, and possibly overseas when required.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No