General Electric GA Manufacturing Engineer Apprentice in Stafford, United Kingdom
Job Description Summary
GE's broad portfolio of Substation Automation Solutions provide customers with the control and automation functions needed to build a smarter, more reliable power grid. Our solutions deliver smart, cost-effective, high performance solutions for digitized and traditional substations that are scalable to meet the varying needs of utilities and industrial customers across the globe.
GE’s UK-based factory in Stafford is offering the opportunity to join the team, providing an apprenticeship that will result in becoming a highly skilled Manufacturing Engineer, supporting our dynamic and exciting protection relay Global Supply Chain team. Offering Level 5 training and education, whilst supported by GE’s strategic partners, this is a challenging and rewarding opportunity to enter the growing world of renewable energy.
• For the duration of the apprenticeship, you will gain practical experience and develop theoretical knowledge whilst obtaining formal qualifications which are recognised and fully transferable with most other industries.
• Have a structured training plan with objectives and measured levels which need to be achieved.
• Day release to a local college to acquire an Electrical Engineering qualification.
• Gain an excellent understanding of Protection Relay Manufacturing and its supporting functions.
• Work with and be mentored by experienced Manufacturing Operators and Engineers
• Gain an understanding of Manufacturing Assembly principles including the use of Lean Manufacturing Techniques.
• Learn to work cross functionally with other areas of the business including Test Engineering, Industrialisation and Quality
• Gain an understanding of all supporting functions of the business.
Behavioural / Skill Requirements:
• Be diligent, punctual and behave in a responsible manner in accordance with the requirements of Health and Safety legislation relating to the apprentice’s responsibilities as an individual.
• Always promote the company’s best interests.
• Comfortable and willing to learn digital tools and commit to use them in the daily work.
• Have an unwavering drive and dedication to achieve and maintain targets.
• Excellent communication skills are required, along with the ability to accurately follow work process instructions.
• You will have a keen sense of achievement and take pride in the work you undertake and produce.
• Be highly self-motivated.
• Be able to work as part of a team and independently.
• Possess a strong commitment and enthusiasm to the role and the apprenticeship.
• Have good problem-solving abilities, be curious.
• High degree of flexibility, extremely motivated with the ability to work under pressure.
• Undertake training, attend courses, and carry out such work as may be required.
Education / Professional Experience:
• Have a minimum of five GCSEs or equivalent at Grade C/4 or above which must include Maths, English and, preferably, a pure Science subject. Alternatively, a BTEC Level 3 qualification in an Engineering discipline.
Technical knowledge and skills:
• Experience of common Microsoft packages
• Good IT / Computer skills.
• Experience of any design software package, however basic.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No