General Electric Engineering Apprentice in Stafford, United Kingdom
Job Description Summary
To acquire an appreciation and have practice and experience on the elements of training required, achieving at the end of the training period the following:
• A National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) at Level 3 in a discipline selected to meet your training requirements
• A BTec National Certificate in a relevant engineering discipline
• The following five Key Skills:
Application of Number (Level 2)
Communication (Level 2)
Information Technology (Level 2)
Improving Own Learning and Performance (Level 2)
Working With Others (Level 2)
The Craft Apprentice will function under the overall guidance of the Apprentice Officer but also on a day to day basis under the control of the Team Leader / Supervisor in charge of the department where the Apprentices’ current training is taking place.
Work for the employer in accordance with the agreed terms and conditions of employment.
Undertake training, attend courses and carry out such work as may be required, within the relevant time scales and deadlines, in order to achieve the selected framework outcomes specified in the apprentice’s personal training plan.
Be diligent, punctual and behave in a responsible manner and in accordance with the requirements of Health and Safety legislation relating to the apprentice’s responsibilities as an individual; and promote at all times the Company’s best interests.
For the duration of the Apprenticeship, you will gain practical experience, develop theoretical knowledge, whilst obtaining formal qualifications, which are recognised and fully transferrable within the manufacturing sector.
You will be working in various manufacturing areas within the business producing and testing electronic protection/control devices to a high-quality standard and to strict deadlines.
You will perform production related tasks and processes to the highest quality. Excellent communication skills are required, along with the ability to accurately follow work process instructions. You will have a keen sense of achievement and take pride in the work you undertake and produce. The ability to work efficiently within a team is essential.
This role would suit someone who welcomes challenges, thrives in fast paced environments and is able to work with a mixture of new and old technologies.
• Adhere to GE health & safety policy and safe working practices.
• Follow and utilise GE (APS) advance production system.
• Producing Products to a high standard.
• Follow documented standard work procedures to perform safe and defect free assembly of products.
• Quality checking and inspection of finished parts.
• Working to targets and deadlines.
• Undertaking your qualification within our Academy (based onsite)
• Work with Departmental Managers in the development and implementation of continuous improvement projects.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No